ER Deer 44 45 444

Tired of accumulating points and think I’m going to cash in my deer points for wilderness area only early rifle unit 44 tag. Anyone have any experience or knowledge about the holy cross wilderness deer in early sept? I’ve been in the unit at lower elevations for late rifle season, but not in sept. The unit is well known for mature deer and trophy potential but I worry that early and only in the wilderness it may be a struggle to turn up enough deer to have an opportunity at a nice buck. The state stats are less than stellar based on harvest #s , and everyone I talk to or ask has no knowledge of anyone hunting it in early rifle. My goal would be do alot of scouting in august and pattern some bachelor bucks, and target them days leading to opener. If you have any knowledge of what I could expect or you have encountered, I’d greatly appreciate any insight. Thanks!

I've hunted 444 (same tag) in the HC wilderness in Sept. and don't recall seeing any deer except for maybe 20 years ago! No idea in 44 though.