How much foot traffic does the Stansbury Range see?

kory_tams

FNG
Being that it's relatively close to SL, I'm curious, does anybody have any experience up there as far as just summer backpacking/recreating traffic? It's beautiful country, and I plan on giving it a look this Fall... just trying to combat cabin fever by talking about it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

It just depends on which part of the range you are on. Desert peak and the Willow creek drainages tend to see a lot of foot traffic.

OP
K

kory_tams

FNG
It just depends on which part of the range you are on. Desert peak and the Willow creek drainages tend to see a lot of foot traffic.
Those seem to be the most popular trails on the range. So I will be avoiding those... I appreciate the input, at least I know where NOT to go

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

rsess32

FNG
i grew up hunting deer out that way with my dad but as i got older switched up the areas and havent really been back much since. But i do remember north willow i think it is has cabins and stuff up there and a lot of people.Davenport canyon has a fair amount of foot traffic but its a beautiful canyon if you get up high enough and i want to say there's some wilderness area up on top too. I rememebr several years ago though they closed the road down to motorized vehicles as you got up pretty high and close to the wilderness area, Box elder canyon i dont remember seeing that many people up very often especially as you got higher up.

ocurtis

Lil-Rokslider
i grew up hunting deer out that way with my dad but as i got older switched up the areas and havent really been back much since. But i do remember north willow i think it is has cabins and stuff up there and a lot of people.Davenport canyon has a fair amount of foot traffic but its a beautiful canyon if you get up high enough and i want to say there's some wilderness area up on top too. I rememebr several years ago though they closed the road down to motorized vehicles as you got up pretty high and close to the wilderness area, Box elder canyon i dont remember seeing that many people up very often especially as you got higher up.

I drew this general season rifle tag this year, so I will be up there with 1700 other yahoos like myself! hoping I can get high enough and deep enough to escape the crowds. Rsess32, can I PM you some questions?

anyone else know this unit that I can PM some questions?