Cabelas intensity binoculars

Floorguy

WKR
Anybody check them out? I am looking for a pair of low cost binoculars to keep in the car that if they got taken I wouldn't be out much but still want them to be worth using.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

I think vortex makes them. I haven't checked them out. Cabelas has 20% off their Cabelas branded gear right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I picked up a pair of the 12x50's to try out. They seem clear at home checking out the hills. I have 4 hunts in the mountains coming up and will be testing them out. I believe these are made by meopta per the optics guy. In regards to the new vortex scopes made for cabelas, I just ordered the cabelas branded 4.5-22x50 scope to test as well. It was 20% off too.

tommy1005

FNG
The Instinct Euro HD are made by Meopta, the Intrepid HD by Vortex, but I can't tell who makes the Intensity HD. Good thing about Cabelas is you have 90 days to return them if you don't like them. Buy them now, use them for the season and if you feel like you need something better, return them. I looked at all 3 at the store the other day and ended up buying a used pair of Maven B.2 11x45's instead of the 12x50's. They get here tomorrow, hopefully I'm happy with them in person. Out of all the glass I looked through at Cabelas, short of the Swaro's, the Vortex Viper HD and Razor HD, both in 12x50 were my favorites.

I have a decent pair of 10x42's, so I was looking for something with a little more magnification to tripod mount when I go out west. Main reason I went with Maven's over the Razors was because I could find a used pair and couldn't find a used pair of Razors, so saving some money was a much needed bonus for me.

jspradley

WKR
I tried them out in the store and was really impressed. Glass seemed on par with my Viper HDs and build quality of the binos themselves seemed much better than my vipers but who knows how they would hold up in hard use . I plan on getting a set for my wife to use. Definitely the best optics I've seen at that price point

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

^^^^
I think you're referring to the $799 Intrepids. The Intensity 10x42's ($199) I tried were only slightly better than the Vortex Diamondbacks. They are still a good deal, but the Vortex Talon and Viper will still be a step up.

jspradley

WKR
^^^^
I think you're referring to the $799 Intrepids. The Intensity 10x42's ($199) I tried were only slightly better than the Vortex Diamondbacks. They are still a good deal, but the Vortex Talon and Viper will still be a step up.
Nah these were the intensity model. Maybe it was just the lighting in the store but they looked fantastic for the price...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk