New Optic Choice

Looking into a new optic for this year upcoming whitetail season. Have made the choice to go Vortex. I am looking into a Viper HS 2.5-10x44 / 4-16x44 or a Diamondback HP 4-16x42 or 3-12x50. Wondering if anyone has any experience with any of these models.

It is going to be a woods gun, mainly open hardwood, where I can easily see for up to 200-300 yards in some stands. I have always used a Nikon Prostaff 3-9x40.

Thanks for any information.

HankBC

Lil-Rokslider
Looking into a new optic for this year upcoming whitetail season. Have made the choice to go Vortex. I am looking into a Viper HS 2.5-10x44 / 4-16x44 or a Diamondback HP 4-16x42 or 3-12x50. Wondering if anyone has any experience with any of these models.

It is going to be a woods gun, mainly open hardwood, where I can easily see for up to 200-300 yards in some stands. I have always used a Nikon Prostaff 3-9x40.

Thanks for any information.

I had the diamondback HP 4-16 and sold it due to the lack of light transmission. It wouldn’t get me even near last light. I liked the reticle though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At those short distances I'd be looking for a 3-9 power or something similar. No need for the higher magnification. Not even sure I'd worry about BDC.

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
There are many excellent options available for what you're looking for. From the Vortex models you are considering I put you in the $500.00 or under price range. You can get a Meopta, an Athlon, a Leupold or a Burris, which IMO would be a superior option.
If you'd like to call to discuss options I am in today and we are having a 10%-20% off all in stock sports optics sale today.
Give a call, 516-217-1000, if you have a few minutes to chat

Squirrels

WKR
Meopta !!! For the money pretty hard to beat. I’ve got two scopes and set of binos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
O
I would agree with you. I had shot a buddies 4-16 leupold and it was a nice optic, the higher power never seemed to effect the shots with it, tho it was target and never in the woods. That is why I am leaning to the 2.5-10.

OP
O
There are many excellent options available for what you're looking for. From the Vortex models you are considering I put you in the $500.00 or under price range. You can get a Meopta, an Athlon, a Leupold or a Burris, which IMO would be a superior option.
If you'd like to call to discuss options I am in today and we are having a 10%-20% off all in stock sports optics sale today.
Give a call, 516-217-1000, if you have a few minutes to chat

Doug I am working this entire weekend and monday, tuesday overtime midnights, I will try to touch base with you Wed/thurs.

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Doug I am working this entire weekend and monday, tuesday overtime midnights, I will try to touch base with you Wed/thurs.

My pleasure to work together with you on this. I'll be here bright and early everyday as I'm playing catch up from being out the last couple of weeks as my Son was born on 5/20. I popped in here a couple of hours here and there, however, my desk is a disaster lol