Adult Onset FNG

jp0212

FNG
A new guy to the forum down in Gilbert, AZ. I've been a member for a while and utilized the classifieds, but wanted to get a little more involved. Unfortunately for me, I didn't grow up hunting. It was something I was always fascinated with and decided to jump into in my late 20's. Been at it for a few years now but still learning a lot. My passion is backcountry archery hunts.

I got my first B.S. in Kinesiology (Exercise Science) with a focus on Nutrition and Physiology. I also spent three years as a National Academy of Sports Medicine Personal Trainer. Knowing a ton about fitness and nutrition, and having a deep passion for hunting, I decided to start a free Fitness and Nutrition mentoring website/blog for hunters called Hunt the Mountain (Hunt the Mountain). I've spent more than a few hours walking people through weight loss and nutrition plans on the phone. Helping people get into better shape so they can ditch the roads and get into the wilderness is another huge passion of mine. More than anything in the world I look forward to introducing my kids to hunting. My niece an nephew have had some luck with Pheasant and Doce, can’t wait to get them into Big Game.

I really look forward to learning from, and hopefully helping, all the members on this board.

Last edited:
Awesome.
That's cool of you to offer your hard earned knowledge for free. You're in the right place to glean hunting knowledge.
What hunts are you looking at this fall?

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Welcome. I'm going to check out your hunt the mountain sounds awesome. Hope karma pays you back and someone experienced helps you out

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

OP
J

jp0212

FNG
Happy to do so and thanks for your kind words!!! As always I will be putting in for Elk, Deer and Antelope archery hunts here in AZ, but likely don't have enough bonus points to land a tag. It'll most likely be the OTC archery hunts. If I don't get drawn for Elk though I plan to snag an OTC tag in either Utah or Colorado. Currently in the works researching the two options.

OP
J

jp0212

FNG
Welcome. I'm going to check out your hunt the mountain sounds awesome. Hope karma pays you back and someone experienced helps you out

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Thanks! I'd love to hear what you think! It's still pretty new but hopefully you find some value in it. Feel free to let me know if you have any questions or need any help with anything.

Happy to do so and thanks for your kind words!!! As always I will be putting in for Elk, Deer and Antelope archery hunts here in AZ, but likely don't have enough bonus points to land a tag. It'll most likely be the OTC archery hunts. If I don't get drawn for Elk though I plan to snag an OTC tag in either Utah or Colorado. Currently in the works researching the two options.

Feel free to reach out if you go the utah route