Tikka factory 6.5 PRC clickers?

Runwilderness

Lil-Rokslider
I was planning a 7 PRC build off of a Tikka action which would require a custom barrel, but I’m circling back to considering a 6.5 PRC.

If I go that route factory Tikkas are available. I reload and I did some searching and while clickers in PRC chambers are discussed all over the place I could not find any Tikka 6.5 PRC specific details.

Safe to assume the Tikka factory chamber is SAMMI/CIP spec and I’ll be getting into a can of worms? Does anyone have specific experiences they can share?

Grace859

FNG
I’m far from an expert, but there are solutions out there to eliminate the clickers. I’ve seen several reamers you can use at home to slightly modify the chamber if you buy a rifle and have that problem.

OP
R

Runwilderness

Lil-Rokslider
@Grace859 , yes, I have read that in multiple places hence my question.

If I buy a factory Tikka and then have to pay a smith re-ream it (or attempt to DIY and screw it up) I’m likely better paying custom up front even if the build cost is higher to start.

Last edited:

grfox92

WKR
@Grace859 , yes, I have read that in multiple places hence my question.

If I buy a factory Tikka and then have to pay a smith re-ream it (or attempt to DIY and screw it up) I’m likely better paying custom up front even if the build cost is higher to start.
The clicker, if it is going to happen usually only happens after 4 or 5 reloads on brass. Even then, from what I've been told, it's mainly an issue with custom rifles. This is what I've gathered from looking into exactly what you are looking into right now.

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk

It won’t be an issue with a tikka for a number of reasons,
They have good primary extraction
They will have a CIP chamber
Tikka shooters are not as sensitive as custom gun shooters

kad11

WKR
I was planning a 7 PRC build off of a Tikka action which would require a custom barrel, but I’m circling back to considering a 6.5 PRC.

If I go that route factory Tikkas are available. I reload and I did some searching and while clickers in PRC chambers are discussed all over the place I could not find any Tikka 6.5 PRC specific details.

Safe to assume the Tikka factory chamber is SAMMI/CIP spec and I’ll be getting into a can of worms? Does anyone have specific experiences they can share?
I have three 6.5 PRC Tikka take off barrels. I ran the aw2 reamer through them and it did remove material from the area that people say causes issues.