Public Land Elk Hunting - Book

strawhunt

FNG
Hey Matt, I bought your book a few months ago and have read it twice! Glad to see you on here and love the information in the book, I especially like the tips on hunting the fringes. I have experienced similar issues as we both hunt Colorado.

Is the book targeted towards archery hunting, or can it be used equally for hunting with a rifle?

I love bowhunting whitetails, but I think my first trip to CO will be with a rifle.
the author is a bowhunter,but several chapters on rifle specific stuff were wrote by an expert in that area. most of the book is about simply hunting elk ,and has info every type of elk hunter needs to know.

Actually ordered this book last night prior to seeing this thread. Glad to see folks have good things to say about it, as I'm a complete newb from Louisiana currently planning a trip for '15

OP
D

DirtyD

FNG
Thanks again everybody for the positive comments and thanks Ryan for not killing this thread! :)

It’s still really, really weird to me that I wrote a book. If you would have told me I’d be writing anything more than a postcard when I was in high school I would have laughed until I cried. I absolutely hated anything to do with English. I hope those that bought a copy found something in there worthwhile that might have helped them out this fall. The positive feedback has made me forget about all the pain and suffering that went into putting it together! Thanks again.

ElkNut1

WKR
I've read the book! It has lots of very good practical info, it is mainly designed for newer elk hunters. Definitely check it out!

ElkNut1