Which boots can be re-soled/re-built?

Outwest

WKR
I was looking at my meindl's the other day and the sole is starting to wear pretty bad. I'm pretty sure they can't be rebuilt. I really want a pair that I can re-sole every few seasons. Are there any quality hiking boots out there that can be rebuilt and or resoled?

NVCHUKAR

WKR
Some danners, lowas, meindle, I have a pair of each that could be resoled. The problem for me is the leather gets just as worn as the sole hiking the rocky sheep/chukar country. By the time the sole is gone so is the boot.

SDHNTR

WKR
Agreed. I can have my Meindls resoled, but by that time the rest of the boot is so trashed and the gore tex usually shot, that I'm due for a whole new pair. And I'm talking about 4-5 season of good hard use too. That said, air bob soles tend to wear out a lot faster and require more frequent replacement so they may be worth resoling on a boot with some life left.

I do have a pair of custom made Russells that will likely be resoled several times, but they are made with a different class and much higher quality leather than a production boot.

AK Shane

Lil-Rokslider
La Sportiva Nepal Evo and Nepal Cube can be resoled. More of mountaineering boot than backpacker though.

OP
Outwest

Outwest

WKR
Some danners, lowas, meindle, I have a pair of each that could be resoled. The problem for me is the leather gets just as worn as the sole hiking the rocky sheep/chukar country. By the time the sole is gone so is the boot.

Do you know if the Lowa Tibets be resoled?
Thanks for the replies guys. My meindls are still looking pretty good except for a few nicks and gouges here and there. The sole seem to be wearing faster than the leather/rubber protector around the boot.

Duk Dog

Lil-Rokslider
Do you know if the Lowa Tibets be resoled?
Thanks for the replies guys. My meindls are still looking pretty good except for a few nicks and gouges here and there. The sole seem to be wearing faster than the leather/rubber protector around the boot.

Yes the Lowa Tibet can be resoled.