Hiking Boots

dylaneh

FNG
There is a lot to explain here but I am going to try and make it make sense. I am going to Total Archery Challenge this year and I want some hiking boots or something similar to wear there. Also, I do a lot of huniting specifically turkey hunting where you walk a lot and through water at some points.I would like to find a pair of boots that i can use for both a good comfortable pair that I can wear to TAC and also Use these same boots with gaiters and use them hunting. So preferably something waterproof. I have thought about Crispi and Oncloud just because those are the only ones ive heard of.

Boots are a very personal choice and what works for one person doesn’t for another.

I’ve never done a TAC, but have done several NW Mountain challenges which I think are similar. I don’t think you’ll need anything crazy for a boot, any good one will do.

Crispi makes good boots, and has a variety of models. I’ve had the Colorado and now the Kenai and both work great for me.

I know nothing of oncloud so no help there.

Boonie327

FNG
If you have low volume feet, you’re probably going to need a European last. I have narrow/low volume feet and Crispi Valdres and Briksdal both work well for me. I think the Briksdal would be a little overkill for your needs. Salomon fit well too for low volume.

dtrkyman

WKR
Find a place locally that has the best selection and try on a bunch, REI is good for that, if you find what you like there leave and go buy online, I don't buy anything from them anymore.