Jim Shockey (uncharted) life and death...

aggieland

WKR
Just watched this episode. Sorry but it seemed like total B.S to me. If you saw it what are your thoughts? He seemed to be begging the bear to charge or do something for the cameras. Just shoot the damn thing geez flame away

2ski

WKR
I watch Jim Shockey's shows for one reason once in while......There's another Shockey that's kind of easy on the eyes.

Trr15

WKR
I enjoyed the show overall and look forward to the episode in turkey, but this episode was definitely more than a little melodramatic. That will get old quick for me if it keeps up throughout the series.

Bmcox86

WKR
I stopped watching it when he was complaining about his guides killing that white possum thing for dinner. It's there way of life get over it.

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
I stopped watching it when he was complaining about his guides killing that white possum thing for dinner. It's there way of life get over it.
Pretty sure he wasn't complaining. He showed some compassion for that animal and if I recall he said several times that its "their way of life and not his place to judge".

I saved some money by cutting back on cable so I don't get all the hunting shows anymore. The nice thing is I have more time for everything else.

Flyrod

Lil-Rokslider
nice camera work… interesting hunts…. just dwelling on the whole "uncharted" angle a wee bit to much….
better than allot of the other programs out there…

I admire he's out there making it happen and earning a living doing what he loves

rodney482

WKR
Little too much drama.... Music,cinematography, actions..

I like the show and watch it but not real sure about the added drama

Beendare

WKR
The show...as all hunting shows are...is a bit contrived....but kudos to Shockey for trying to show the gut level side of hunting.

Shockey is always a class act....sets a great example. He could be a Ted Nugent or Razor Dobbs pound your chest guy- he has made millions from hunting...but he doesn't. He is always humble, takes good shots or doesn't shoot. He doesn't shoot a bow all that much and I think he just wanted to make sure of a killing shot on camera in that bear episode.

I like the fact he trys to convey the true nature of hunting...and he is sincere about giving back to the hunting community. Kudos to Mr Shockey....a true class act.

gelton

WKR
I like Shockey as well but one thing I cant stand about alot of these new shows is all the damn music. I mean, we are talking about man vs. nature vs. beast here, I like to hear the sounds and instead they overlay it with music that doesn't even fit with the show. Some are way worse than others too.

I ride adventure motorcycles and do off road touring and most of the DVD's put out by that group does the same thing...I wanna hear the crash when someone ditches their bike on a trail, not the music playing over it, ridiculous.

dotman

WKR
The show...as all hunting shows are...is a bit contrived....but kudos to Shockey for trying to show the gut level side of hunting.

Shockey is always a class act....sets a great example. He could be a Ted Nugent or Razor Dobbs pound your chest guy- he has made millions from hunting...but he doesn't. He is always humble, takes good shots or doesn't shoot. He doesn't shoot a bow all that much and I think he just wanted to make sure of a killing shot on camera in that bear episode.

I like the fact he trys to convey the true nature of hunting...and he is sincere about giving back to the hunting community. Kudos to Mr Shockey....a true class act.

I agree, well said.

I like Shockey as well but one thing I cant stand about alot of these new shows is all the damn music. I mean, we are talking about man vs. nature vs. beast here, I like to hear the sounds and instead they overlay it with music that doesn't even fit with the show. Some are way worse than others too.

I ride adventure motorcycles and do off road touring and most of the DVD's put out by that group does the same thing...I wanna hear the crash when someone ditches their bike on a trail, not the music playing over it, ridiculous.
Agree with this. And I like music from abba to zz top but not along with any kind of show......same when riding my soft tail with vance hines straight pipes, whanna hear the iron.....

PA 5-0

WKR

Agreed. And I will add I have had 5-6 young, non-hunter dudes come up to me at work and ask if I'm watching the "new Uncharted show". However they are marketing it seems to be attracting possible new recruits. Have always enjoyed Jim's shows.

MattB

WKR
Jim is one of the few tolerable huntertainers from my perspective. He's like the anti-Drury.

hawkhunts

FNG
I am a big Shockey fan- but they seem to be dragging these out a bit. I do appreciate the cinematography and production, they are very well done. I think for what they are trying to do, by getting off the beaten path, they are showing a true appreciation for the game and terrain.
I do not like the blood and guts pound 'em out shows. The only thing I dislike worse are the constant marketing hype. I used this. gun, this scope, used this knife, this food plot gets old. That's what I like about Shockey- we all know he shoots TC, but he doesn't have to tell us every thirty seconds.
And, the other Shockey (yeah, the blonde one) is pretty palatable also!

Frosty

FNG

Yeah i agree, I couldn't understand that. Here he travels the world year round killing animals (and I'm sure not every one is a beautiful clean kill) and is complaining about what locals have most likely been doing as long as there ancestors have been on earth.