Maven B1's

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just got my B.3's tonight. I am really looking forward to spending some time with these and doing write up.

OP

WKR
I'm interested to see what you guys think of them.

I'm wondering if I should have gone with B3's due to the weight and my elk adventures this year were heavily wooded so I didn't glass as much as I thought I would. I think the B1's will be better overall in the long run but those lightweight little B3's are sure appealing.

Last edited:

choovhntr

WKR
Got a chance to pick these up a few weeks ago at a sports show. Wasn't all that impressed to be honest. The clarity around the edges seemed to be lacking a little. The razors are way nicer IMO. They reminded me of my zen rey Ed's a little. At first they felt good and the image seemed clear, great for 500 bucks. as time went on the build quality was lacking, they fogged up, the focus ring and eyecups broke, and I noticed the image around the edges was pretty fuzzy. Sent them in to get fixed since they have a lifetime warranty, but it didn't fix the initial problem that the build quality was lacking compared to higher end glass. In other words, you get what you pay for. I thought I bought top glass for less money, instead I bought 500 dollar glass for 500 dollars. Now I have to go and buy the ones I should have spent the money on in the first place 500 dollars poorer. Sorry for the rant and not trying to bash zen Rey. They are good for their price range but nothing more. I'm thinking the mavens will will be just that....on par with the price range.