7 day hunt gear pictures

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
One word James, Photobucket:)

That won't fit in the pack.

I'm kind of stuck in no-man's land at the moment until I hear from my buddy. He's supposed to go with me on Friday but haven't heard back from him to make sure. So I'm sitting here with the EXO 3500 and the SG Solo half packed until I'm sure he's going. We're supposed to be taking both packs loaded up to try them both out, maybe switch them up over the 3 days. But I don't want to pack both of them until I know for sure that he's going to make it. If not, then I'm going to have to repack everything into one pack.

OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
By the way Ryan, This should put me right around 60 lbs range, like we discussed ;)

OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
That won't fit in the pack.

I'm kind of stuck in no-man's land at the moment until I hear from my buddy. He's supposed to go with me on Friday but haven't heard back from him to make sure. So I'm sitting here with the EXO 3500 and the SG Solo half packed until I'm sure he's going. We're supposed to be taking both packs loaded up to try them both out, maybe switch them up over the 3 days. But I don't want to pack both of them until I know for sure that he's going to make it. If not, then I'm going to have to repack everything into one pack.

5mile I know your pain. As of now Im heading up solo. Waiting to hear if my buddy is going to be able to make it yet. My pack in is really short so I took some comforts with me for this trip. Sawtooth, 5 gallon Water Jug so I can get my water all at once and not have to keep doing it throughout my week.

By the way Sept 6th we are having the Raffle for the Elite Energy 35 at Quickdraw for little CB Chappell, 5mile you should come down for this if your going to be in town. I unpacked the bow yesterday ;)

I highly doubt you'll get all that in there!!.....It holds a lot but not that much, however if you do I would like a video of your packing skills!

OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Not all of that is going into the pack. THe clothes in the back of the pile are going on me. Boots on my feet. Rest of it I think I can get in. I will be trying tonight. The Enlightened Quilt and Food are the biggest items. Rest of it is small stuff. I may just carry my Kuiu Polartec strapped to the top for the hike in.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Not all of that is going into the pack. THe clothes in the back of the pile are going on me. Boots on my feet. Rest of it I think I can get in. I will be trying tonight. The Enlightened Quilt and Food are the biggest items. Rest of it is small stuff. I may just carry my Kuiu Polartec strapped to the top for the hike in.

You can attach your shelter or your quilt under the bottom straps on the outside of the pack, and/or even pack stuff between the bag and the frame as well. This is what I do.........that's why I love the design of the EXO and the SG. Can get away with a 3500 cu in pack because you can attach another 3000+ cu in of gear in that manner.

Can't make Sept 6.......I'll be hunting. I don't think that the Elite would fit me anyway. Now I'm wondering about this weekend........woke up with a hugely swollen lymph node in my neck.:mad: I wouldn't worry about it, but the entire area across my left collarbone hurts like crazy. Not good with a heavy pack on.

Last edited:
OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Yeah the packer is me. But I have some buddies that will come up if I am successful. My goal is not to worry a ton about getting the kill but going out and enjoying the hunt if I score thats just an extra Bonus. Pashal is going to join me up there for the first weekend. My hunt area where we scouted is pretty slick its right off the main highway about a 15 minute hike in. When we scouted out there. We went another 3/4's of a mile in and we where on Elk on the Cliff top. Easy area and close to the truck. Its one of those spots you wouldnt think to look at for elk but they are up there. The pulloff where we park at is literally big enough for maybe 3 vehicles. So hoping we are the only ones there.

You are crazy/tougher than me to pack all that stuff into a spot thats only 15 minutes in... I am too lazy to pack a tent if its less that 4-5 miles... I just wake up a bit earlier.

Joe

Last edited:

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
Have you made a pack list? If so I'd be interested to see it cause if that is your pile I feel grossly under prepared. Maybe I'm forgetting stuff, like the kitchen sink maybe. :)

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
By the way Ryan, This should put me right around 60 lbs range, like we discussed ;)

Good thing you're only packing 15 minutes. I just weighed my SG Solo with my bow and quiver attached, and 3L of water, and even a 6lb tent setup and I'm at 41.5lbs.