The EXO at 10,300 feet...................

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well, took out the new EXO on a little "walk" for the last couple of days. 2000 vertical and about 5 miles in to a remote basin. Was also scouting some elk for my buddy who was to come and join me as I don't have the unit tag we are in. Go figure, the day I left, it was 75 degrees and this morning, it was a friggin blizzard. Idaho mountains in late august.......009.jpg017.jpg050.jpg022.jpg013.jpg
The EXO just plain rocks. I love the lumbar pad, not real crazy about the reverse lid but I can live with it. No other real complaints. Perfect size pack for me and very easy to adjust. I have the meat shelf on mine and on a whim, I put my Swarovski 15 x 56's in the meat shelf on the same size as my tripod. So, I just unbuckle the side that the tripod is on and grab my swaros at the same time. Carries very nice there and puts them right in the middle of the back. I hate packing the things but man, when it's time to glass they are the best.

Randy

And there is a shitload of elk around................

OP
mtnwrunner

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
More photos......................

Randy

Attachments

• 028.jpg
    028.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 240
  • 031.jpg
    031.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 249
  • 053.jpg
    053.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 256
  • 068.jpg
    068.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 262
  • 084.jpg
    084.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 250
OP
mtnwrunner

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nice pics randy! I just moved to Idaho. Still finalizing where I'm going to hunt here. Hopefully I pick a good unit!

You'll love it. PM me with your location and maybe I can help you out with some "general" directions on where to head.

Randy

I'm a bow guy, but I have a Rosie hunt 6-13th... So depending on if we get a Rosie or not will dictate what weapon I hunt with. I'm in Boise randy.

Rizzy

WKR
Good to hear they are bugling.
Looks like tour buddy will have a good start when he makes it out.
I'm heading out wednesday.

Nick,
Boise river zone and mccall zone would both be good local hunts for this season depending on what month you want to hunt and with what weapon.

Rizzy, I'm planning on mccall I've got an area kind of picked out. Most likely go with a bow, but that depends on the Rosie hunt I have starting this Friday.

Ironman8

WKR
Nick,
Boise river zone and mccall zone would both be good local hunts for this season depending on what month you want to hunt and with what weapon.

Those are the two I had picked out. As you know, went with the BR for Nov. rifle.

And I haven't forgotten about you Rizzy. Just doing a little homework before I respond. Thanks for the help!