Elkmania 2014

I thought I would give one of these live hunts a try. I will be starting off tomorrow at 0400 here in South Dakota for a day hunt and then come Friday it is game on for 2 full weeks of hunting in South Dakota and Montana. In South Dakota I have pretty reliable reception so should be able to post pics and updates. MT is a different story might have to have the wife post nightly updates. Anyways just thought I would get it going tonight and add to it as the hunts progress.

OP
afteamroper
CHITY start to hunting season for sure. In the woods now 1 hour late. Hopefully things turn around quickly.

ad683692f99f793c4a69e3d194158eaa.jpg
711b48e5432183466797efb0681e4cbc.jpg

tstowater

WKR
Classified Approved
Do pick-up kills count? Really a little on the small side to take out the headlight. Hope things start looking up soon.

OP
afteamroper
Ran into the rancher who had his cows on the piece of forest service I was on, he told me were the elk travel in from the hay fields. I was one ridge off this morning I guess. We shall see come Saturday morning. Hopefully the insurance company will get back to me about my truck tomorrow. I know it was HOT this afternoon coming home. Had to cut todays hunt short due to the truck damage and having to use the time off work to round up a headlight and grill insert.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hope it works out well with the insurance. Not the best start to a season but hey maybe the luck meter will swing the other way now

_Nick_

WKR
At least you've got some meat in the freezer from the buck? Pretty unfortunate start though.

OP
afteamroper
Still fighting with the insurance company. But a buddy had a couple headlights and another had a grill so the truck is pieced some what back together. At least enough to get through hunting season. Was supposed to be in the woods tonight but work decided I needed to work this weekend instead. So I will be back at it again around 2pm Sunday.

OP
afteamroper
69c111784e144d320457d219af322fde.jpg

Traded one camo for another. Truck's packed, monster drank(running on 3 hours sleep since 0700 yesterday) and 12 hour shift for work is done let the 2 weeks of elk hunting commence.

Dreading tomorrow when I have to put the "other" camo on and head back to work.

Good luck hunting.