Kodiak Goat 2014

Great video, really enjoyed that. Thanks for sharing!

Curious about the vestibule you attached to your tent? What is that?

OP
RyanC

RyanC

WKR
Hey Nick, that is the vestibule that Cabelas used to offer with their Guide Model Tents, had to get Outfitter camo because that was all that was left before they discontinued it. In my opinion it is a mistake that Cabelas did away with it because it is awesome!! The newer Guide Model Tents just aren't the same as the old ones were, my buddy bought one and said the inside triangular mesh doesn't have a zipper to close it off like mine does so if you set it up in the rain the inside of your tent gets soaked. Sorry for the long answer.

RC

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Hey Nick, that is the vestibule that Cabelas used to offer with their Guide Model Tents, had to get Outfitter camo because that was all that was left before they discontinued it. In my opinion it is a mistake that Cabelas did away with it because it is awesome!! The newer Guide Model Tents just aren't the same as the old ones were, my buddy bought one and said the inside triangular mesh doesn't have a zipper to close it off like mine does so if you set it up in the rain the inside of your tent gets soaked. Sorry for the long answer.

RC

Agreed...that is an elusive bugger and I still have an 2005 model guide model that can still accept one of those if I can find one....but my 2014 guide model has the integrated vestibule which is better than nothing but that outfitter vestibules they made are sweet!

Great video btw!

Thanks for clearing that up, looks like the 2014 model I have wouldn't accept one anyhow, bummer, looks like a great cook area or better sized for gear storage.

I have that same tent with the big vestibule, and let me tell you, it is huge. With both doors open on the vestibule, I can drive my ATV right through the center of it. The only issue I ever had with it is, Cabela's only made fiberglass poles for the vestibule. I never understood why they didn't make an aluminum option. It's also kind of cool, in that, if you have two of those tents in either the six person or eight person you can fit them all together one on each end of the vestibule.

OP
RyanC

RyanC

WKR
Hey Troutbum they did make the aluminum poles for the vestibule. My poles are aluminum all the way around. Love that tent/vestibule combo.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
I have that same tent with the big vestibule, and let me tell you, it is huge. With both doors open on the vestibule, I can drive my ATV right through the center of it. The only issue I ever had with it is, Cabela's only made fiberglass poles for the vestibule. I never understood why they didn't make an aluminum option. It's also kind of cool, in that, if you have two of those tents in either the six person or eight person you can fit them all together one on each end of the vestibule.

Looks like we need to do a hunt together man and we can take your older 6 man and my older 6 man and have a connected palace. :)

Looks like we need to do a hunt together man and we can take your older 6 man and my older 6 man and have a connected palace. :)

I'm heading back down to Kodiak in mid December for a deer hunt, and I might have a spot available if you're interested Luke. :) We are taking a tipi and a Arctic Oven for this one though, I don't know if the Cabela's Alaska Guide Dome would be able to withstand some of the storms that they can get down there that time of the year.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
When I go down in March I'm taking the same setup. AO 10X10 and a tipi! Guide Models are great for weight savings but not as much worried about the wind as I am the cold. I would put the guide model up again what any 12 man tipi can handle.