Salinas, CA area

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
I will be in Salinas all next week for the holidays. I was going to do some training if anyone in the area wants to meet up? I was shooting for Tuesday the 23rd & Friday the 26th. Saturday the 27th is an option too.

OP
Brock A

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
I researched that. But for a problem animal I'll be damned if I'm paying $600 to hunt one.

Jon Boy

WKR
I researched that. But for a problem animal I'll be damned if I'm paying $600 to hunt one.
I still don't understand that concept. It's even worse in Texas for such a 'problem' animal. Kind of like wolves I suppose, ranchers won't even let you on to hunt them.

3 years ago I would get calls every week from a couple ranchers I knew down around there, begging me to come out and stick pigs. I couldn't shoot enough for them, last year I called to gain access again for the coming year and they said it would cost me 300 a trip. At somepoint ranchers realized they coul make more of guys hunting hogs on their land then the crops they were growing. Fish and game found out as well. It was like 13 bucks for a book of 5 now its 22 bucks for one!

boom

WKR
I still don't understand that concept. It's even worse in Texas for such a 'problem' animal. Kind of like wolves I suppose, ranchers won't even let you on to hunt them.

Haha. Truth!
I got a rancher in Texas talking. He traps them and brings them onto his ranch. He said it is good for business. A hunter comes in, pays for an exotic. He said they rarely hold back when a hog comes in. Wham! Happy Hunter with a bargain animal.