WA 121/117 4x rule

wawhitey

Lil-Rokslider
Spoke with a game warden yesterday. He said 95% chance 121 and 117 are going back to any whitetail buck this year. What a bunch if $#!+!!!

Jackelope

Lil-Rokslider
How would a game warden know that? Pretty sure it has to be open for public input first then go before the commission. Just like the rumored baiting ban. It might happen but not in 2015.

OP
wawhitey

wawhitey

Lil-Rokslider
Public input means nothing. Decisions are made before that. Its a joke to make people feel like they have a voice. Just you watch.

Jackelope

Lil-Rokslider
Public input means nothing. Decisions are made before that. Its a joke to make people feel like they have a voice. Just you watch.

It would still be announced for public input even if the publics input wasn't taken into account, then go before the commission. I'm assuming since this is the 1st mention I've seen of it, that none of that has happened yet.

Jackelope

Lil-Rokslider

PS I'm not saying i disagree with your feelings on this. I just think we'd have heard something about it.

OP
wawhitey

wawhitey

Lil-Rokslider
Just passing along what a game warden told me, take it as you will. Im sure though that those guys hear more than we do, and hear it earlier.

OP
wawhitey

wawhitey

Lil-Rokslider
Its official as of today. We are flushing the last 4 years of herd improvement down the drain. 1.5 year old bucks will be getting hammered this year, and the next couple for sure. I expect to see half as many good bucks in a few years, if that.

Vandal 44

WKR
I am not sure why Fish and Game opened those two units back up for any buck. If they where to do anything Fish and Game should open it up for youth, disabled and senior hunts to shoot any buck.

I live and hunt in unit 121, the last year I stated to see some real nice buck, I wish they would not have changed it to any buck.

OP
wawhitey

wawhitey

Lil-Rokslider
I am not sure why Fish and Game opened those two units back up for any buck. If they where to do anything Fish and Game should open it up for youth, disabled and senior hunts to shoot any buck.

I live and hunt in unit 121, the last year I stated to see some real nice buck, I wish they would not have changed it to any buck.

They changed it because people were crying. Mostly people who live on the coast and spend at most 1 week a year here. Its ridiculous. Im pretty sure that those of us who live here have a better view of the results of the last four years than a bunch of whiners who come over for a week of rifle season.

hooker

Lil-Rokslider
Biggest cluster phuck. It was working. They didn't even allow it time to reach full potential. F'ing joke. Even those in doubt originally are pissed....

buckfvr

FNG
Two Stevens county commissioners and the Chamber of Commerce were dead against it all for their perceived loss of revenue for the local economy. That went along nicely with wdfws idea it was loosing money based on lack of tag sales because of lack of opportunity. All this at a time when unit 121 had the highest success rate in the state. We have a bunch of simple baboons in wdfw management and they need to be sent packin. They manage for revenue, not the well being of our fish and wildlife. No consideration for anything but money and their pay raises. ANd then look no further than the non hunting regional ungulate manager.............

BagNTagM

FNG
There is no doubt the 4 minimum was working, the quality of bucks around was steadily increasing. The only change if any i wanted to see, was a youth season much like it is now but let them shoot any buck like we did when we were kids. I don't think very many locals wanted this to change, seems to be another case of being ruled by the coasties. My boys will be hunting this years late season in 117/121, both of their first hunting years so hopefully some decent bucks are still running around.