Two Cents Needed

I need some advice or help. I have been seriously toying with this idea for months, if not longer.

I currently have a Hoyt Gamemaster 2 with medium Border limbs. I am planning on getting long limbs, either BF Extremes, Carbon Extremes or Grand Prix Quattros. I am a bowhunter and yes I know this makes a 66” bow and is too long for some people’s tastes.

I am also debating as to whether I want a Tiburon riser with Formula Quattros.

At any rate, I have to have a high wrist grip due to form issues. Hoyt Traditional bows have low wrist grips . This limits me to the Jager grip.

I have considered the Excel riser but at this point I am trying to not talk myself into it. I hear that over 45 pounds they have a bad ring, almost like a tuning fork. Plus, I like Hoyt’s 2-piece quivers.

Beendare

WKR
Ok you asked.....my $.02; stop dinking around with a bunch of different setups and get to where you are lights out with the one you have- its fine.

I can tell you my shooting/ hunting improved drastically when i stopped flip flopping...

Its not the bow...its the indian.

Jazzdog

FNG
since your talking about getting an entirely new bow (different limbs and riser) go ahead and get rid of what you have, order something that has a reputation for not stacking at your draw length and get back to practicing.

Where are you at in Mi? i'm from Gaylord originally.

Yes stop doing all the switching around and get consistent with one and make that your "GOTO BOW" then have a backup if you absolutely need to. Yes I take two bows with me but I have plenty on the sale rack to choose from.

Hope this helps Shawn

Beendare

WKR
I'm surprised that of the 3 forums i've seen you ask- we are the only ones to say, "master one bow"

Its easy to get wrapped up in equipment choices- there are so many...but thats why we go to stickbows, right? if that 66" bow is stacking on you, you must have a 33" draw or its just too heavy for you.

. I have a 30" draw and my 62" ILF- long ILF limbs- can go to almost 32" without stacking...those Border limbs usually take a pretty long draw before stacking

OP
Brandon Pattison
You know this was actually kind of an experiment. I FIRMLY believe in only having one bow and one arrow setup for it. But, I have a compound too. I was trying to see what kind of responses I would get. I love it how a guy with a lot of experience asks a question and right away someone assumes.

My limbs are mediums on a 21" riser (64"). Once I get the BFs I will have a comparison. I draw about the same as you do. Mine are HEX4s.

Beendare

WKR
Well sorry I pushed your buttons and didn't tell you what you wanted to hear. I was trying to give you good advice.

FWIW, I flip flopped with bows for awhile... ..I only started to get to be a good shot when I stuck with one bow...and I know many folks are the same. A guy can pick up almost any compound and shoot it well if he is a good shot...stick bows take some "getting to know them"

OP
Brandon Pattison
No offense taken. I can only afford one quality stickbow. I had my Titan I/Borders for 2-3 years. I just recently got the GM2 riser. The Borders never felt right to me. Within hours of posting this thread I found some BF Extremes to my liking.

I had a string so that saved me time in needing to make one. I have almost bullet holes and really like it. When I get a minute I'll list the other limbs. That will leave me only one rig. I get irritated when I see someone with a mix of arrows so I know what you mean.

ElkNut1

WKR
The problem that arises with new trad bow guys is they over think it & don't give enough in shooting time to get used to a bow or comfortable with it, they feel if things are "just right" in a couple days then somethings wrong! Beendare is spot on!! Listen to him!

ElkNut1