The Rokslide/First Lite Buck Hunt - Ryan Avery/ Kenton Carruth

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Roksliders. I'm super excited to bring you all this hunt. We've been keeping this one under wraps for a few months.

For those of you who don't know, I'm also an outfitter in Idaho. I operate on private land in SE Idaho. While elk pay the bills, we do kill a few good bucks on the ranches.

While Ryan and I are both Idahoans and have been working on Rokslide for nearly four years together, we've never had the chance to hunt together (we live on opposite ends of the state). First Lite, owned by Kenton Carruth, is also one of our original sponsors. Kenton is from Ketchum, Idaho.

So when I had a few openings for an early-rut mule deer hunt, I called the guys. They don't look gift horses in the mouth and the hunt was on!

They both arrived in Idaho Falls today and we headed up to one of the ranches I manage. We're staying in an old trailer house that Kenton gives a two star rating (he hasn't seen the live-in tree squirrel yet.) We'll be hunting the next five days. We just got hit with a big rain storm but it's turning to snow as I type this. The bucks should be around the does. I've seen a few good bucks earlier this fall so hoping to run into them or find some others as the rut kicks in.

Ryan's shooting a Christensen Arms TFM .338 Lapua w/ the new Swarovski X5.

Kenton's shooting Christensen Arms TFM 6.5 Creedmoor w/ Vortex PST.

We just polished off the roast, mushrooms, and red potatoes, and biscuits my wife sent with us and are headed to be. Up at 5:15 tomorrow.

Be sure and stop by over the next few days.
attachment.php

dotman

WKR
Nice! Hopefully Kenton remains a sponsor after sleeping in a fart shack with Ryan :)

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
Uh oh. The deer are in BIG trouble with fuzzy wuzzy around.........................

GOOD LUCK GUYS! you should have a great time and great hunt just after this storm.

Randy

Mike7

WKR
Fear the man with one weapon, but knows how to use that weapon well!

...even if he is starting to look like Willie Robertson. Lol