Any units that allow two bulls.

I'm organizing a Caribou trip for next year. I was planning on Brooks Range Aviation but I'd like to find a unit that allows for two tags. BRA area doesn't not. Any suggestions on specific unit? I was looking at 40 Mile Air but as far as I can tell you can only shoot one bull there as well.

bmart2622

WKR
Are you looking for 2 bulls/tag or just multiple tags. I know there are several units that allow you to purchase multiple tags.

TEmbry

WKR
I think you will be limited to a hunt out of Kotz or on the North Slope to meet your criteria. It can be tough or easy no matter where you go all dependent on the animals whereabouts. Can't shoot something that isn't there

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Kotzebue is one bull for non residents hunted it this year. I could be wrong though. Also there has been a push to limit non residents on the north slope too. When we researched there our preferred transporter would only allow one bull.

Last edited:
Check out the regulations for unit 26, then figure out if BRA will fly you into the portion of the unit that allows NR to harvest more than one animal.

Larry Bartlett

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
GMU 26B and 26C, which basically covers from the Haul Rd east to the Canada border. These two units currently have the most liberal bag limits for non-resident caribou hunters.

You'll find that your bag limits will be self imposed to 1 bull in most situations, due to logistics costs and pilot preferences.

What you could do is get your bow certification and harvest a bull along the Haul Rd after your fly out hunt with one bull. Honest way of achieving your overall harvest goal and you'll get two separate hunting adventures out of the trip if you manage enough time.

Just a thought.

OP
L
Those are all great suggestions. I especially appreciate you Alaskan's chiming in and divulging info on your home turf.

Try Bushwacker air. Jeff Kruse flies out of Kavik. $$$$ getting there though. Only game in town out of deadhorse is 70 North and it was 900+ for a 60 mile flight! Jeff will put where the caribou are though. I killed two bulls with a rifle. It could be done with a bow but ALL of the stars would have to align.

That is IF you are dead set on Ak. I have heard great things about Jack Hume in Canada too. For what I spent on air travel I probably could have hunted with them for just a little more $.

thnksno

Lil-Rokslider
Does anyone know what unit brooks range aviation usually hunts out of? thanks