3 vs 4 fletch arrow set up

I am debating using a 4 fletch system this year. I have used a 3 fletch system last year in the past, and have had some slight inconsistencies with my broadheads. I use a two blade broadhead, 125 grain. What are some people's experience with 4 fletch arrows? Are they too loud? Would they tune better with a two blade broadhead like the carbon express xt?

Thank you

novaman64

Lil-Rokslider
I am debating using a 4 fletch system this year. I have used a 3 fletch system last year in the past, and have had some slight inconsistencies with my broadheads. I use a two blade broadhead, 125 grain. What are some people's experience with 4 fletch arrows? Are they too loud? Would they tune better with a two blade broadhead like the carbon express xt?

Thank you

Not sure on your exact setup or what inconsistencies you are having (paper tuning?).... But I had some issues with my fixed blade.... Stayed with a 3 vane, but change from a straight to a helical fletch.... Cleaned it right up and shoots better than ever now.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I've never had a problem with 3 fletch Blazers or Quickspins. I think the only reason I personally would go to a four fletch is if I was having fletching contact issues with the higher profile 2" vanes. On the other hand, the lower profile 3" QS's work really well too in a 3 fletch.

I've shot Silverflames and their 1.5" XL's which are 2-blade heads out to 80, and they are some of the most accurate heads I've shot.

OP
O
Not sure on your exact setup or what inconsistencies you are having (paper tuning?).... But I had some issues with my fixed blade.... Stayed with a 3 vane, but change from a straight to a helical fletch.... Cleaned it right up and shoots better than ever now.

Thanks, I hadn't thought of a helical fletching system. My arrows were paper tuned and when I put my broadheads on, I had to adjust my sight significantly to get more consistent groups. It seemed to me that my groups were not as consistent with my broadheads compared to my field points (some arrows shot left, some lower). I was wondering if changing my fletching set up would help with this.

2blade

WKR
3 - 2" Pine Ridge Nitro's shot tighter groups than Blazers as tested by Bowhunter magazine. I use them and have no problems with fixed blade heads out to 1 3/8" wide, haven't tried wider. However, my bare shafts fly like bullets so the arrow spine is perfect.

dashj7

FNG
I'm trying the four fletch system as soon as the parts come in. I will let you know but my thought is it doesn't matter. If four fletch was that much better old untunable bows and trad guys would be using them. I think it looks cool and it keeps me working on my setup.