Which kuiu camo pattern

kpk

WKR
Every time I see a guy with the kiui it makes me chuckle a bit, poor fella, working so hard to be cool and feel accepted..thinks he can accomplish that by simply buying some stylish clothes, thinks he's a better hunter and has magical powers over elk. I got past that stage of life in high school.

This is such a stupid comment.

I've owned about every brand of clothing out there - for me the Kuiu stuff is my favorite and it has nothing to with the camo pattern. The Kuiu stuff fits me the best and I really like the pocket layouts which are a huge deal for me (the chest pockets on the guide jacket are perfect for whitetail hunting and stashing goose/duck calls). I've worn my guide jacket for whitetails, geese, ducks, elk, coyote and on and on. The jacket has had the hell beat out of it and I haven't had a single problem with mine. It's become my "do all" shell.

I'm not a fan of kuiu's "business model" but it is what it is.

To the OP, pick whichever pattern you like better. I went with Verde. I thought it "might" work better for Midwest whitetails sep-dec. however, watching the wind and limiting your movement is far more important than any camo pattern. Tons of guys (myself included) wear solid colors and kill stuff every year too.

I have mostly kryptek highlander. I use it for spring gobbler in Nc and Pa and I use it in the fall for archery in Nc all the way into rifle season in pa. I really like the pattern. That being said I need a light packadle set of rain gear. At the risk of being labeled as a douche bag I'm looking very hard at kuiu Teton rain set in verde. I like the green in it.

Hokkaido

Banned
Cabelas space rain gear is very packable and does a great job. So light that you can keep it in your pack at all times just in case. I was worried about it ripping but no problems so far. Seems to breathe a bit and will keep you warm too.. all for half the price of the kuiu.

Hokkaido

Banned
Well it looks like I've walked into a snake pit! I did a bit of searching and it seems the kuiu worshipers congregate here more than anywhere else. There have been some very animated threads on here..much respect to those who have stood their ground. And reading a bit it has only become more clear the type that champions for the kuiu.
Also was able to find that kuiu doesn't have wait times anymore. Sales are much slower now, the boom is over, snake is eating it's own tail.

Cabelas space rain gear is very packable and does a great job. So light that you can keep it in your pack at all times just in case. I was worried about it ripping but no problems so far. Seems to breathe a bit and will keep you warm too.. all for half the price of the kuiu.

Come on guy...

Gumbo

WKR
I don't know which pattern works better because I only have a verde Yukon jacket and matching gloves. I went with them because they were for archery season and I didn't really like the vias, kind of like I don't like the ASAT camo. I know it works, but I just don't like it. Like others have mentioned, I'm don't worry much about specific camo patterns because I don't think it matters much apart from matching the overall tone of the surroundings. Move too much or too fast and you will get busted. No camo in the world will solve this simple fact.

IdahoElk

WKR
Also was able to find that kuiu doesn't have wait times anymore. Sales are much slower now, the boom is over, snake is eating it's own tail.

You're funny and obviously haven't a clue about what you're talking about but go ahead and continue to amuse us.

MT_Wyatt

WKR

I'm not a fan of negative stuff on the forums. But I'm also not a fan of bad advice. Comparing the Chugach to cabelas space rain is laughable.

Do everyone a favor and dial back the kuiu love/hate stuff, it's just clothing......people come to Rokslide to learn, and I'm betting most generally enjoy the lack of Internet BS. Sometimes it's better to do some listening......

jspradley

WKR
As was said already the camo pattern really doesn't matter as much as the quality of the gear.
I have a boner for all of the high end hunting gear makers... I don't believe in brand loyalty (except for Prana Zion pants..there are no better hunting pants and I'd you disagree you are wrong!!!) so pick whichever fits best, is well made and wear it!

For a hunter on a budget I have been quite impressed with the quality of Cabelas gear. In fact I'm wearing one of their Zones Western hot weather shirts about 30 miles from the Mexican border now and it's performed quite well in almost 100 degree temps. Well worth the measly $50 for a good quality synthetic hunting shirt so don't toss out Cabelas upper end gear as an option

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk