Hilleberg Anjan vs Rogen

brocksw

WKR
Anyone have experience with both?

I have an anjan and as great of a tent as it is... Sometimes I miss using a free standing dome tent with dual vestibules, so I'm thinking of selling the anjan and switch to the Rogen.

I've seen this video out there with Rogen coming down at just over 40 mph and a anjan coming down st over 6 mph... But not sure if this is legit or if it was a stake failure. Hard for me to believe the anjan would be more durable, much less that more durable than a free standing cross pole dome tent.

Any one have first hand experience with both of these?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Akicita

WKR
I have seen the Rogen collapse at around 40MPH winds but sustained no damage. I have seen the Anjan survive some heavy sustained winds and gust to 50MPH when pitched correctly. If wind is a concern go to a Nammajt, Jannu, Allak, Tarra or Staika for 2 persons - Atko or Soulo for 1 person.

My Atko, Tarra and Staika have sheltered me with no concerns in sustained 50MPH winds with gust to 70 +MPH. I can't say which I favor but I find myself packing my Staika more often. You cant beat the versatility of the freestanding Staika in addition to the tremendous ventilation it has.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I sold my Soulo like an idiot and am trying out a Copper Spur 2 HV. While lighter, I definitely miss how easy the Soulo was to pitch and how bomber it is. My next non - heated shelter will be another Hille

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

13bonatter69

Lil-Rokslider
I sold my Soulo like an idiot and am trying out a Copper Spur 2 HV. While lighter, I definitely miss how easy the Soulo was to pitch and how bomber it is. My next non - heated shelter will be another Hille

HaHa....this is the exact opposite of what I am thinking of doing. I have a copper spur 2 and after spending the last 4 nights in it mule deer hunting, Im thinking about ordering the SOULO. I was in HEAVY wind here in North Dakota and my copper spur was taking a beating. It was pitched correctly, but it just isn't made to take the kind of winds we get here in the badlands where we have no trees to slow the winds down. The only thing holding me back is that I have read about all the condensation issues with Hillebergs. I must admit that I am a little nervous to pay that kind of money and have my down bags get wet all the time. If I used synthetic bags I might not be quite so worried.

sneaky

"DADDY"
HaHa....this is the exact opposite of what I am thinking of doing. I have a copper spur 2 and after spending the last 4 nights in it mule deer hunting, Im thinking about ordering the SOULO. I was in HEAVY wind here in North Dakota and my copper spur was taking a beating. It was pitched correctly, but it just isn't made to take the kind of winds we get here in the badlands where we have no trees to slow the winds down. The only thing holding me back is that I have read about all the condensation issues with Hillebergs. I must admit that I am a little nervous to pay that kind of money and have my down bags get wet all the time. If I used synthetic bags I might not be quite so worried.
Do it. You won't regret it. I never had any condensation issues with my Soulo. It will take wind like a champ. I believe my niece will be getting the HV, and I'll pick up another Hille.

sneaky

"DADDY"
With that wind you will have plenty of ventilation in the Soulo. Don't waste your time cutting zipper pulls off and changing guy lines out. You'll save like two ounces and waste time better spent on other more productive endeavours.

With that wind you will have plenty of ventilation in the Soulo. Don't waste your time cutting zipper pulls off and changing guy lines out. You'll save like two ounces and waste time better spent on other more productive endeavours.

I just swapped out my Soulo guy lines for MLD 1.5mm pro guy lines w/ mini line locs. The breaking strength is 400 lbs on them and I saved appx 5 oz. over the stock guys. Well worth it! I weighed the zippers though and decided it wasn't worth the devaluing of the tent to save 1 oz!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
I swapped mine to the Kelty triptease and the weight saving was negligible.