Hilleberg Nallo 2 GT VS Anjan 2 GT - Questions

Wolfxx5

FNG
Hey all, trying to decide between the Nallo 2 GT and Anjan 2 GT. My first big question is the does anybody know how much the inner tent weighs on each? I can't seem to get a straight answer from Hilleberg regarding this.

Secondly, just wondering if you any of you have experiences with one or both of these, and could share those with me. What you liked/disliked, what they did well vs what they didn't etc etc.

Thanks!

Last edited:

as.ks.ak

WKR
Throw the nallo out. It’s one sided scoop vent design blows. It doesn’t ventilate worth a sh!t.

3 season, that anjan will suit you much better. Consider dropping the inner tent to go ultralight. I typically never take my inner tents on my hilles. Big fan of that.

TOLeary

Lil-Rokslider
Throw the nallo out. It’s one sided scoop vent design blows. It doesn’t ventilate worth a sh!t.

3 season, that anjan will suit you much better. Consider dropping the inner tent to go ultralight. I typically never take my inner tents on my hilles. Big fan of that.
Do you think you could use the Anjan for 4 seasons?

JakeShmevans

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
I have the Anjan 2 GT. Love it. My only complaints are that the sloped wall allow condensation to soak my toe box on my sleeping bag if it’s bad enough, and the fact that my dog likes to sneak out under the fly lol.

I was looking at pairing it with a Nallo, but the Kaitum is way better at both breathing (double door) and livability. I would look at that.

as.ks.ak

WKR
I have the Anjan 2 GT. Love it. My only complaints are that the sloped wall allow condensation to soak my toe box on my sleeping bag if it’s bad enough, and the fact that my dog likes to sneak out under the fly lol.

I was looking at pairing it with a Nallo, but the Kaitum is way better at both breathing (double door) and livability. I would look at that.

This!

The kaitum’s inner tent walls are both vertical. It’s far superior to the nallo in many ways. The inner tent walls and ventilation.

But I’m just 1 guy. I’m sure somebody disagrees with me.

This!

The kaitum’s inner tent walls are both vertical. It’s far superior to the nallo in many ways. The inner tent walls and ventilation.

But I’m just 1 guy. I’m sure somebody disagrees with me.i
I agree with this as well in that I think the Kaitum is the most spacious because of the vertical, ventilates the best, and has the best storage with storage spaces on both end. So I’m in your camp.

Jimss

WKR
I have the 3 person nallo 3 gt. It’s really nice having the extra space and large vestibule. It doesn’t have the ventilation of the 2 door Kaitum.

If you go Kaitum you may notice the difference in total wt between the regular and gt. The gt is 2 lbs more. The vestibule is 1/2 the size of the gt.

I use my nallo without the inner tent all the time. It’s a fraction of the wt. I really like having the fly reach the ground for rain, snow, and wind. You may notice the fly on the Anjan doesn’t reach the ground.

If I was going to buy a new one it would likely be Kaitum or Kaitum gt.

JakeShmevans

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
I agree with this as well in that I think the Kaitum is the most spacious because of the vertical, ventilates the best, and has the best storage with storage spaces on both end. So I’m in your camp.
This!

But I’m just 1 guy. I’m sure somebody disagrees with me.

If they came out with a Helags GT I’d sell my Anjan in a heartbeat.

OP
Wolfxx5

Wolfxx5

FNG
I like the idea of the Kaitum, but for my uses, its just way too heavy imo. 8 lbs for the GT version is for sure too heavy. Even at 6 lbs, almost 7 lbs, for the non gt, I feel that is too heavy. I like the Anjan due to the fact that it is so lightweight. If you run it without the inner tent and it's only a little over 3 lbs, it just works better for backpack hunting. Not a huge fan of the compressed toe box, but I guess it is what it is.

as.ks.ak

WKR
I just found myself the proud new owner of the SG skyscraper 2P…I was running the bids up in an auction to try and help raise more funds for mtn goat conservation in the RMGA online auction…accidentally won the tent in the process.

I am honestly shocked at how much I think I’m going to like that tent. It’s very much different as it’s freestanding and not a tunnel tent design. And I haven’t used it once in the field yet. But I thought I’d throw it into the conversation for you. That tent is extremely well thought out. I pitched it in my house a few nights ago and I think the purchase of that tent is going to have me selling my enan and anjan 2.

So if you decide to go the anjan route, let me know. I’ve got one I’ll likely be selling here soon! I’ve used it for 2 nights in a SE goat hunt in blue bird weather so she’s pretty much pristine. Think I swapped out guy lines for a lighter option and cut all zippers and replaced with pull cords, chasing the lightweight game. But yeah, reach out if you’re interested.

Back to the SG—they used DAC poles like Hilleberg does for their tents. So you’ve got the same style of rigidity in this SG tent. I’m truly shocked at how much I like it. I’m going to be giving it a go this fall. I originally thought I’d pull the inner out like I do most tents but its weight savings is so negligible for the comfort you lose…I may run this SG as the good lord intended.

All food for thought.

OP
Wolfxx5

Wolfxx5

FNG
I just found myself the proud new owner of the SG skyscraper 2P…
With the SG Skyscraper, is there a way that you can set the tent up without having to install the rainfly after you install that poles? Sort of like the MSR Hubba Tour style. The inner tent and rainfly attach together then you can install the poles and raise the entire tent at once. Just makes it 1000x easier when setting up in the wind and shit weather haha

as.ks.ak

WKR
With the SG Skyscraper, is there a way that you can set the tent up without having to install the rainfly after you install that poles? Sort of like the MSR Hubba Tour style. The inner tent and rainfly attach together then you can install the poles and raise the entire tent at once. Just makes it 1000x easier when setting up in the wind and shit weather haha

Yes, you can! You just leave the rain fly installed to the webtruss.

I do like that you can take the fly off. I didn’t think I would but it seems to me when the weather breaks you’ll be able to dry things out much faster being able to separate them.

ErikM

FNG
I like the idea of the Kaitum, but for my uses, its just way too heavy imo. 8 lbs for the GT version is for sure too heavy. Even at 6 lbs, almost 7 lbs, for the non gt, I feel that is too heavy. I like the Anjan due to the fact that it is so lightweight. If you run it without the inner tent and it's only a little over 3 lbs, it just works better for backpack hunting. Not a huge fan of the compressed toe box, but I guess it is what it is.
While I have zero experience with any of these models, I’ve been researching Hilleberg a TON lately. Maybe look at the Helags 2 (or 3 for +7oz.) Little more of a weight penalty for non sloping backside. No GT version as someone noted above, but seems plenty roomy, especially for 1. 🤷🏼‍♂️

as.ks.ak

WKR
While I have zero experience with any of these models, I’ve been researching Hilleberg a TON lately. Maybe look at the Helags 2 (or 3 for +7oz.) Little more of a weight penalty for non sloping backside. No GT version as someone noted above, but seems plenty roomy, especially for 1.

I love this banter. It’s fun to me to see differing opinions and at the end of the day, it seems like everyone of us is looking for a rigid, lightweight way to feel like a homeless king on the mountain.

OP
Wolfxx5

Wolfxx5

FNG
So if you decide to go the anjan route, let me know. I’ve got one I’ll likely be selling here soon! I’ve used it for 2 nights in a SE goat hunt in blue bird weather so she’s pretty much pristine. Think I swapped out guy lines for a lighter option and cut all zippers and replaced with pull cords, chasing the lightweight game. But yeah, reach out if you’re interested.
Is the anjan 2 you have that you might be selling the GT version or the non GT?

OP
Wolfxx5

Wolfxx5

FNG
While I have zero experience with any of these models, I’ve been researching Hilleberg a TON lately. Maybe look at the Helags 2 (or 3 for +7oz.) Little more of a weight penalty for non sloping backside. No GT version as someone noted above, but seems plenty roomy, especially for 1. 🤷🏼‍♂️
Not sure I could possibly spend more time on Hilleberg's website looking into every possibility, making a decision, only to change my mind 20 minutes later. Haha. So far, I've decided on the the Nallo, Anjan, Helags, Kaitum, and the Rogan, all about 15 different times haha

sneaky

"DADDY"
Costs a lot of money to sleep like a homeless person

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk