What's your shelter?

Hyperlite Mountain Gear Ultamid 4 if it’s me and a buddy, or if I’m going solo it’s either a CF Mountain Laurel Designs Solomid or CF Locus Gear Hapi. I’ve been toying with the idea of a CF flat tarp, and as soon as the right deal comes up, I’d like to give one a try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Warbonnet blackbird xlc hammock, 0 degree underquilt
15 degree top quilt and maccat tarp.

6 lbs of comfort in under 20 liters of space.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Napperm4

WKR
Seek Outside LBO.

Solo or 2 w/o stove - Base and Annex

2 w/ stove - Base/Annex for super light trips. Base/Base for cooler weather. Base/Tarp/Annex or Base for a palace.

3 w stove or 5 w/o - Base Tarp Annex. Have squeezed 6 with Base/Tarp/Base

Use a LiteOutdoors 12” Stove for any of the configurations and keeps us warm and toasty through end of November in the Canadian Rockies

Mountain Smith 2p Mountain Shelter. Room for 1 guy and gear. Easy/fast setup and tear down. Small foot print if you need to camp in thick timber or have shortage of flat ground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gelton

WKR
Big Agnes Copper Spur UL 2. Just works and at a good weight too. Had it in severe rainstorms that lasted several days and held up great. Havent had it in heavy wind though...

DFB

FNG
Big Agnes Fly Creek 2 platinum. I’ve ran it for about a year now and I really like it. Super light, sets easy, and has taken some pretty stout winds.

Hall256

WKR
SO 4 man tipi with a Lite Outdoors 18" cylinder stove, and Nemo 0° bag with XTherm pad... I use this during most of my fall/winter hunts.

For spring/summer backpacking I use a Tarptent Stratospire with a EE quilt and neoair pad.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

GregB

WKR
Mountainsmith Mountain Shelter has worked well on solo trips and isn't super expensive. It handled about an inch of snow and some decent wind this year. I'm looking at getting a SO LBO base tarp vestibule which gives you a lot of options for the number of people and shelter size.

StrutNut

Lil-Rokslider
I have a cheaper 2 man from Sportsmans Guide that works well but honestly leaning toward my hammock set up for overall comfort and I also have a 10x10 tarp that I have enjoyed more and more so I really am not using my tent as much as I used to.

texag10

WKR
Used a tarptent contrail (predecessor to the current protrail) 1 person singe wall shelter for my elk hunt. It did the job, but was cramped enough that I realized sitting out a rain storm in that thing would have been miserable.

I am now using a SO Silvertip. I gained 12 ounces of weight, much better weather resistance, and massive amount of room for solo trips. I might supplement it with a tarp and bivy for summer scouting trips and early archery, but I'm not sure. The Silvertip is pretty comfy when raised up for ventilation in warmer weather.

Grambo

Lil-Rokslider
Solo spring and summer a DST tarp .
Fall - Silvertip w/small stove
Late Fall 2+ Redcliff and SO xl stove
All light and easily packable plus universal

Luked

WKR
The Mountainsmith Shelter LT is on sale at REI now in the REI garage. I picked one up and it should be here tomorrow

KurtR

WKR
Here is the cimaron set up and we brought way to much stuff and still had room

B89ENBP.jpg

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
tarp & bivy (both from Mountain Laurel Designs) early season; and yet another Cimarron & stove user later season :)

SO Redcliffe w/ 18" LO stove
Usually solo, but with a tipi this size I never get condensation and I have room for a weeks worth of wood stored inside.
:)

Owenst7

WKR
B5c7w73.jpg

gt8dcFt.jpg

Mountainsmith Mountain Shelter. Will sleep 3 for about a week if you want it to.

I use a hammock for summer scouting trips when the nights are warm enough to skip an underquilt. I really enjoy glassing from a hammock.

Gumbo

WKR
Akto, usually without inner tent. If weather is going to be nice I occasionally just take an integral designs south col bivy. I don't do much late season backpacking so these work well for me.