106 TAP for hunting?

Have you had pretty good luck with that in N555 in 6CM. I’ve never messed with it but wondered how compared to H4350?

It’s a good option for sure. Takes a little more powder to hit pressure, should get a little more velocity. Only negative I’ve seen thus far is it seems to be a little dirtier.

I told my buddy to order these and he did. Well he ended up trying the same load with these 106’s as he did with another bullet that worked well in his gun. The first shot on the left is the first shot out of that gun in a few years then his next 9 are the group on the right. He’s definitely a better shot than me but cannot argue with that…

Attachments

• IMG_9389.png
    IMG_9389.png
    880.5 KB · Views: 22

khuber84

WKR
I told my buddy to order these and he did. Well he ended up trying the same load with these 106’s as he did with another bullet that worked well in his gun. The first shot on the left is the first shot out of that gun in a few years then his next 9 are the group on the right. He’s definitely a better shot than me but cannot argue with that…
You can't post a Pic like that without some load data!

SBR Sarge

FNG
I’d kind of put these 106 2nds on the back burner but loaded 5 to try this weekend with some other stuff. Wish I woulda loaded more, might have to give them some more time now!
View attachment 700309
It is good to see that these will group well. I only shoot factory, and the Hornady 6ARC TAP loads have grouped quite poorly compared to their ELD-M, -X and Black in all three of the barrels I’ve shot them through.

khuber84

WKR
I have a new 22" 7.5tw 4gr 237 bore ace 6cm barrel coming for my tl3. I'll be running these with H4350 or N555 from 10k to 100k off in in 5k 5 shot steps for break in, find the best jump node, once barrels broke in, I'll step on the gas with Rl26 and see how it does with the ultra7 attached. Maybe my 700sa rokstok will be done soon(no paint job) to drop this into.