180gr barns triple shock on brown bear

I have a .30 nosler that really like the barns 180g tripple shock bullet.
Is that big enough for coastal brown bear.
I had planned in 220g partition but just curious what guys who hunt them think.

Buying another rifle is out of the question unfortunately

roymunson

WKR
I'm headed north this fall for moose and grizzly with a 300 WSM and 180 TTSX. Granted they're smaller bears, but I've heard a lot of good things about barnes copper out of 30 calibers on bears

AKDoc

WKR
Another endorsement for the TSX and TTSX's for big game...I also have had consistently great results over the years. Stay mindful of shot placement, shot distance and estimated impact velocity. I'm not a long-range shooter by choice..my grizzly takes and assists have all been well within 100yds...one was at 15 (long story). I do use a larger caliber, but LOTS and LOTS of big bears have been taken with a 30 caliber for many years.

I was recently with my son when he took his first brown bear (a boar that squared 9ft) with handholds I did for him...210 TSX's out of a 338-06. About a 50yd take...one shot through the heart exiting the other side, bear ran into the willows for about twenty-five yards and DRT.

Best of luck to you!

100% endorsement for the 180 TSX.

30 Nosler will push a 180 gr anything to around 3200 fps mv. Grizzly hunting and lower impact velocity concerns with any bullet should not be in the same sentence, IMO. 180 gr TSX will carry the freight and then some at any distance a Grizzly should be engaged.

Use the 180 TSX and report back!