2014 Early Season Columbian Blacktail

Zackman

Lil-Rokslider
I thought I would share some pics of my archery July hunt on the coast of California for Columbian blacktails. I know B-zones are not far away from opening for blacktails and d-zones will open at the same time, so maybe this will get some of you guys more pumped to bowhunt.

As far as a story, it wasn't too exciting, but if you guys would like to read the short write-up, it is at this link: www.weekendbowhunter.com

Good luck to everyone awaiting their upcoming seasons!

Last edited:

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
Let's hope that wasn't B Zone since it doesn't open up for another couple weeks.

Nice A Zone buck Zack

OP
Zackman

Zackman

Lil-Rokslider
You caught me Doug...That's how I find blacktails to shoot--go into a zone before the season! :D

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
I know you don't. You like that miserable A zone hunting at 100 degrees. Although this year you got as good as weather as possible.

OP
Zackman

Zackman

Lil-Rokslider
It is pretty miserable when it is 100+degrees over there. I did get lucky while hunting this year and the highest temp during my trip was 92. Good thing I had my cold weather gear...

joehunter8301

Lil-Rokslider
One of CA's best blacktail hunters right there gettin it done. Congrats buddy. I bet your chompin at the bit for AZ :)