2014 Kifaru Nomad

wapitibob

WKR
Congrats. You did very well. Pretty much everything I've wanted in a bag. The grab-it and GenII finish it off.
I would also put the bladder in the wing. When they're between the wings they get smashed and blown up.

tm7554

Lil-Rokslider
How easy is it to access the batwing pockets? Do you have to unbuckle the horizontal straps to get into the outside pockets?

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
How easy is it to access the batwing pockets? Do you have to unbuckle the horizontal straps to get into the outside pockets?

No, but if you tighten the piss out of them it would be.

I keep them taught when doing everything but heavy hauling. I'm able to get in the zipped pocket and slot pocket easily doing this, but again, when really tight it won't be as easy.

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
We'll have them for sale in mid-late January.

We also have a LARGE center zip bag coming out next week that fits on the Bikini or Duplex, but it's a big boy (8,800+)

Our sleeping bag has been re-designed/upgraded for 2014 as well.
When will they be available?

Birddog

FNG
So I can see some applications for this pack instead of the timberline, but are there instances where the reverse would be better?

littlebuf

Banned
So I can see some applications for this pack instead of the timberline, but are there instances where the reverse would be better?

if your like me and a million compartments/components on a pack just drive you nuts then yeah the timbelines going to suit you better. thats actually what attracted me to kifaru in the first place was the simplicity. but this looks alike a great system and good for kifaru expanding the horizons of what hey offer. and great for the consumer to have options to fit individual needs. thats how you stay relevant

SDHNTR

WKR
I'm intrigued. This might be what I have been waiting for, but I don't have the time to watch 10 videos. Ive wanted Crew Cab like functionality (load sling for packing meat) without excess weight and some functional shoulder lift. Can someone please summarize with specs? Is this what I have been searching for?

Aron, I gotta say..... I've never been the type of hunter that like a traditional backpack.
So the new Kifaru Nomad is right up my alley! I've always like a pack that is modular.
I like to drop what I don't need and go with only what I need.
Really liken it. I think I just settled on my new Kifaru pack!
Hunt'nFish

armyjoe

Super Moderator
I'm intrigued. This might be what I have been waiting for, but I don't have the time to watch 10 videos. Ive wanted Crew Cab like functionality (load sling for packing meat) without excess weight and some functional shoulder lift. Can someone please summarize with specs? Is this what I have been searching for?

Yes it is definitely what your looking for man. Its 100% more versatile then the Crew Cab and has functional load lifters like you want because it uses the original duplex or bikini frames

wileybrew

FNG
This is going to be an awsome system! With the durability of kifaru and this new design the options will be unlimited!