2016 Antelope Meatpole

bmcbeain

FNG
Congrats! Too bad you weren't able to get a better picture (looks like a solo attempt). That goat looks like it's got big cutters and some pretty serious mass.

Yea I was losing light (10 minutes) and didn't have any mount/pack/anything to stage for photo. Took a few others.

Here is my NV antelope from yesterday morning. Thanks to the people from the forum who pointed me in the right direction to get into some animals when I only had a few days to hunt!
b61e43d7f6dd26e5045c1c11fe803f72.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Man wat a picture love the crisp of it nice goat too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
It was a pumpkin patch out there this morning but I put myself where I didn't think the truck hunters would be (at least first thing) and got rewarded when this guy cruised in. Glad it worked out since the pressure was higher in the area than I expected.

6F644DA2-0813-4F76-8F0D-E9BE795164DB_zpsnzitsq9y.jpg

8nbait

Lil-Rokslider
Wyoming Public land
6.5 SAUM, 143 ELD-X at 3086 MV, shot at 317 yards
My best goat yet but I am not too picky, usually shoot the first one I see on public land.
This guy was defending about 6 does from a smaller buck so it was fun to watch.
We ate the tenderloin the night I got home and put a roast in the crock pot for the next day...I love antelope meat.
Going back this week for a doe if I can find one.

IMG_0959_zpswkhtuenb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

cnelk

WKR
I finally drew an antelope tag and filled my fist ever tag on opening day Oct 1st here in Colorado.

Not a monster, but what a fun, relaxing hunt!

Last edited:
I got this little guy on a leftover tag. There wasn't much public land in this unit and not many antelope. I only saw 2 herds and this buck by himself. I missed a little bit bigger buck that was really cool and wide. Great tasting steaks on this guy so far.
4611b3141239a9291c69f558688cd559.jpg

Last edited:

topher89

WKR
I did not have enough points to draw a buck tag in the unit we hunt so I got a 2nd choice doe tag. Fine with me! Meat is meat.

150 yards with my 257 Roberts, just about perfect!
Antelope2016.jpg

vanish

WKR
I got my first pronghorn buck on opening day of rifle this year. My wife "called" him in to 70 yards. I had missed one an hour earlier by hitting a hump of sand 10 yards in front of me that wasn't visible through my scope, and I was pretty down about it. 2 minutes after knocking him down, a giant came right in to 90 yards and stood around for 5 minutes. Naturally :D

uc

vanish

WKR
My wife had picked up a muzzleloader tag after not drawing this year and got this little buck on the last day after what was a heartbreaking (a total of five missed shots due to a loose sight...) but most exciting season. She's already planning for next year, as she said it the most fun of any hunt she's ever done.

uc

Two days later, a couple hours after I tagged my buck, she was able to get this doe just in time for me to have completed the 4 mile roundtrip back to the car with my buck.

uc