2016 MT buck

Logan T

WKR
Posted one picture in the buck thread of this years buck but thought I'd share one more. I took my fiancé out opening morning but due to chores we didn't get out until 8:30 and the orange army was everywhere, so we only hiked a mile and a half into the BLM before we decided to stop. We spotted a group of deer 3/4 of a mile away right as they were disappearing and couldn't pick up anything I thought might have been a shooter. That evening I went a different direction and didn't see much of anything except for a couple does and about 15 people scattered in all directions. I came back to a day or two later and spotted what looked like a good buck headed down into a nasty ravine and decided to wait till evening to go see what he was. That evening I was getting the spotter set up to do some glassing and sat down quick as I saw some deer off to my right, and sat right on a freakin cactus. The deer turned out to be does so I proceeded to grab my leatherman pluck cactus out of myself. As soon as that was done with, I tip up my spotter and here this guy was, right in the middle of my scope when I put my eye into it. An hour and a half later and some more cactus in my legs and he was 300 yards in front of me with his two buddies. One 150 grain ballistic tip put him down and I was able to get just a couple pics with my camera on my tripod before the battery died.

OP
Logan T

Logan T

WKR
Thanks fellas. Maxxis.... let's just say someplace in the breaks of MT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clarktar

WKR
Yep, I really like that buck. The picture with your head framed by his antlers is pretty rad.

OP
Logan T

Logan T

WKR
Thanks guys. Clarktar I really like that pic too. It was a lucky shot, just did the 'ol self timer on my old coolpix camera set up on my tripod and got lucky with this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk