2017 Shot Show!

W.D. Crawford

Lil-Rokslider
Just so you guys know, we have chased Mystery Ranch until we've turned blue. I've been to Bozeman three times to meet with with them. Great products, great guys, but some very old thinking when it comes to meeting backcountry hunters and showing off their products.
Maybe that's why they call them self's"Mystery Ranch" ;) Thanks for following up!

Trial153

WKR
Wonder if the desolve camo is still in the card for MR ...That and actual inventory ?

MT_Wyatt

WKR
Just so you guys know, we have chased Mystery Ranch until we've turned blue. I've been to Bozeman three times to meet with with them. Great products, great guys, but some very old thinking when it comes to meeting backcountry hunters and showing off their products.

That's disappointing to hear Robby, it's crazy not to shoot some video with you guys on products. I mean, they are releasing a new bino harness and don't want to get it out on Rokslide? That's a joke.

Last time I dropped in on them I was super turned off - wanted to see a few things in their show room that no longer exists, they said "go to Schnees." Nothing against Schnees, but they had already sold all of the hunting and outdoor packs MR put in there.....and I actually wanted to talk to someone who worked on the hunting line.

I really like their products and designs but the past two years have been an absolute pain to watch with them.

It's not surprising, you and I have talked about this before, but they have dropped off a cliff as far as service and actually giving a shit about hunters and their customers since the Sitka guys left (SeaCat, Foss) etc.

Dragonslayer will be the last MR product I ever spend my money on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
It's not surprising, you and I have talked about this before, but they have dropped off a cliff as far as service and actually giving a shit about hunters and their customers since the Sitka guys left (SeaCat, Foss) etc.

Dragonslayer will be the last MR product I ever spend my money on.

I didn't know that part. That's too bad

I didn't know that part. That's too bad

Ya, Foss has been using stone glacier for quite awhile, and when I called to voice my displeasure about them only selling frames and bags together last year I asked to talk to mark, and was told he was no longer there.

dotman

WKR
I guess when you have DOD contracts, you don't need the community who you started with...

I'm not sure how much DOD business they have, pretty sure that has been drying up. Kifaru hasn't been at Shot Show in two years, for the 2016 show Patrick's said it was due to lack of military orders, I would think maybe the same reason is why they weren't there in 2017.

Could be the same for MR is all I'm saying.

TheCougar

WKR
I'm not sure how much DOD business they have, pretty sure that has been drying up. Kifaru hasn't been at Shot Show in two years, for the 2016 show Patrick's said it was due to lack of military orders, I would think maybe the same reason is why they weren't there in 2017.

I was referring to their declining customer service, not their absence at SHOT. I can see how the dod money is drying up, though. For a few years there, boutique packs were increasingly common (kifaru, tactical tailor, MR, etc).

Honestly I'm not real sure I buy that. They may be getting less orders but I feel like spending has not slowed in those departments
In sure you could get the numbers through the information act if you really wanted them, right?

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I got a couple questions about the Nikon LaserForce rangefinder binoculars so here is the press release and a couple more photos.

Nikon Introduces New LaserForce Rangefinder Binocular

Nikon Sport Optics has officially announced the introduction of its highly anticipated binocular with a built-in laser range finder. The new LaserForce rangefinder binocular combines superior optical quality, technologically enhanced features and a 100% backing with Nikon’s No-Fault Policy. This combination equates to a highly efficient must-have optic for results-driven hunters and shooters.

LaserForce features a laser capable of ranging distances from 10-1900 yards* and have the distances appear in a red OLED display. Distances are measured in increments of 0.1 m/yd for distances shorter than 100 m/yds and in increments of 1 m/yd for distances over 100 m/yds. The display offers a 4-step intensity adjustment, making it easily readable under any light conditions and against various objects. To compensate the effects that slope has on trajectory, LaserForce features ID (Incline/Decline) Technology. This gives users the option to have either Horizontal Distance (compensated) or Actual Distance displayed.

The 10x42 binocular component of the optic features ED (Extra-low dispersion) Glass. This superior glass corrects chromatic aberration that causes color fringing for high-resolution, contrast-rich images. Additionally, full multilayer-coated lenses and prisms and a reflective mirror coating that is applied on the mirror surface of roof prism unit, reveals pristine images. The long eye relief design combined with turn-and-slide rubber eyecups facilitate a custom fit for users’ individual viewing needs, even eyeglass wearers.

The overall design of LaserForce was engineered with the specific needs of hunters and shooters traveling the world’s most rugged types of terrain. The rubber armoring conforming to a metal die-cast body provides a highly durable exterior with a grip that is tailored to the texture and shape of the human hand. LaserForce is also completely waterproof/fogproof with a nitrogen-purged body that prevents fogging or molding inside the optical system even under significant changes in temperature.

With a MSRP of $1199.95, LaserForce is the single optic solution for serious hunters and shooters who mandate a high-quality binocular to acquire a distant target and a dependable laser to range the exact distance before taking the shot.

*For reference. Under Nikon’s measurement conditions. The specifications of the product may not be achieved depending on the target object’s shape, surface texture and nature, and/or weather conditions.

Nikon Inc. is the U.S. distributor of Nikon sports and recreational optics, world-renowned Nikon 35mm cameras, digital cameras, speedlights and accessories, Nikkor lenses and electronic imaging products.

For more information on Nikon's full line of Riflescopes, Binoculars, Fieldscopes, and Laser Rangefinders, please contact: Nikon Sport Optics, 1300 Walt Whitman Rd., Melville, NY 11747-3064, or call 1-800-645-6687. www.NikonSportOptics.com

All Nikon Trademarks are the property of Nikon Corporation.

15000_LaserForce_10x42_Standing_Front_zps0bkhoydp.jpg

15000_LaserForce_10x42_Front_Right_zpskgrxyybv.jpg

CDNPO

FNG

Thanks Robby, appreciate you getting back to us with the update.

Sad, would love to give them some money for bags to put on my NICE frame.

Trial153

WKR
Looking like MR is playing themselves out with us. I was going to add a scapegoat and a 14er to the mix this year and see how they pan out. Maybe I just buy the 14r and call it a day.

Thanks for that. I'm looking for some rain gear that works, first and foremost, but that's light weight.

So guys are saying the flash pullover is a rain shell and others are saying it's a wind shirt with gore windstopper. Can someone confirm the fabric?

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
So guys are saying the flash pullover is a rain shell and others are saying it's a wind shirt with gore windstopper. Can someone confirm the fabric?

"The Flash Pullover is a 7.8 oz, taped Gore Windstopper shell. It is NOT waterproof, but is very water resistant. It is not a replacement for a true Gore-Tex rain jacket but is a great alternative for fair and mild weather.

It will take quite a bit of rain ( a few seasons for most) until one of two things happen. The DWR wears off and/ or the windstopper laminate is contaminated on the inside from your bodies oils. Washing several times a season will help the longevity."

John Barklow
Sitka Gear
Big Game Product Manager

[video=youtube;zE4yB62uZ4s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zE4yB62uZ4s[/video]

So what are we really looking at here? I'm very interested in Fierce after some recent bad experience with the Browning Long Range McMillan (very poorly put together). The only thing Fierce has up on their site is from last year. Thanks.