2022 guns or gun projects

WKR
But more ammo for the ones I already have.

Shoot the ones I already have more often.

Buy a nice leather saddle scabbard for my ‘94 Winchester so it can hang horizontal behind the front seats of my Jeep.

Buy a nice leather stock cuff with cartridge loops for the ‘94 so I can stuff .30-30s through the loading gate a little quicker.

Looking at http://www.levergunleather.com/ for the last two.

Last edited:
  1. Tikka t1x “squirrel assassinator“ has arrived and am awaiting some parts to put it together.
  2. plan on upgrading my main boomer - a tikka t3x 6.5 creed - with a mesa stock
  3. on the fence about dipping my toe into hunting chassis world with a sig cross or a build.

putting an xlr mag element on my savage ultralite in 6.5creed, as well as glass... still undecided there... thinking zeiss, nightforce, or trijicon

ended up really liking the rifle, so i figured i was safe "making it mine"

i take a lot of folks hunting, and many of them use my rifle, so i liked the chassis idea to be able to fit it to others with relative ease. looking forward to all of the parts together

• Love
Reactions: XLR
  1. Tikka t1x “squirrel assassinator“ has arrived and am awaiting some parts to put it together.
  2. plan on upgrading my main boomer - a tikka t3x 6.5 creed - with a mesa stock
  3. on the fence about dipping my toe into hunting chassis world with a sig cross or a build.

I’d like to hear more about your t1x after you get it up and running.

Hope to have mine pose next to a thin horn in '22.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Have enough Blackhorn 209 and primers to dial in a real load.

Need to buy a decent 1" scope to do so. SD only allows us a nonmagnified optic, but per RD mounting a magnified one will allow me to find my best load. Then thinking an Aimpoint vs the 1x Vortex it has now. Almost sure to draw a muzzleloader mule deer tag this year.

I am building a very similar rifle. I'm just waiting on my Manners EH1. Once I get that she will be ready to go.
I’ve been contemplating trying a Vertical grip. The only one I’ve held was the Springfield 2020 waypoint and I hated everything about how that gun felt

Building a dedicated lr wolf/coyote rifle…

Rem 700-22 creed
Proof light Sendero 7 twist- 24” finished
McMillan stock
Timney

Throated to shoot 88s…. Will be a slow build, but I did just secure an action

Double check zero on all my rifle AND WRITE THEM DOWN SOMEWHERE! I have so many different guns, some zeroed at 100, some at 200 & some at a certain height up at 100, plus the guns I dial, that I got stuck in analysis paralysis this year & had a complete mental fart on what shot where.

Work up a load for my .257Bob & figure out my drops (that & my ought-six & vying to be my go to rifles for everything non-porcine)

Double check zero on all my rifle AND WRITE THEM DOWN SOMEWHERE! I have so many different guns, some zeroed at 100, some at 200 & some at a certain height up at 100, plus the guns I dial, that I got stuck in analysis paralysis this year & had a complete mental fart on what shot where.

Work up a load for my .257Bob & figure out my drops (that & my ought-six & vying to be my go to rifles for everything non-porcine)

Tape it to the stock. It's te only way

I have two on the go for 2022. Just started the layout on a nice piece of walnut for my anti/benchmark 6.5 prc, and waiting on a carbon IBI barrel for a 7 saum build.

Attachments

• A089C18B-344F-4860-87BD-E4341B29143E.jpeg
    A089C18B-344F-4860-87BD-E4341B29143E.jpeg
    262.1 KB · Views: 67
  • 2B58B3EC-BFB6-4491-B0A5-B71148329399.jpeg
    2B58B3EC-BFB6-4491-B0A5-B71148329399.jpeg
    285.7 KB · Views: 69
Back