2023 Cold Bow Challenge Q&A Thread

Harder to quantify, but if people had done the challenge previous have they increased or decreased their MER from past challenges. Maybe if we have people note that in their entry for next year. Be interesting to see if people realize they shouldn't shoot as far or if they work in the off season to improve and test their abilities.

Harder to quantify, but if people had done the challenge previous have they increased or decreased their MER from past challenges. Maybe if we have people note that in their entry for next year. Be interesting to see if people realize they shouldn't shoot as far or if they work in the off season to improve and test their abilities.
Agree this would be interesting. I included my last years in my original post because I had to dial back but only because I had not shot in a year. I'm going to run my own challenge at my 50yd MER that I did last year and see how many misses I have

I can do this but I would need to rely on the shooter to go back and get that information. I dont have the time to go back through 7 years and look for duplicate shooters.

I can do this but I would need to rely on the shooter to go back and get that information. I dont have the time to go back through 7 years and look for duplicate shooters.
I was throwing it out more for in the future instead of trying to gather info from the past. Maybe it could be a note for the start of the challenge next year to include that info in your entry post.

Personally I've never been able to break the glass ceiling with my trad bows during a CBC. My MER fluctuates heavily throughout the year, depending on how I'm shooting.

@CorbLand @robby denning

I'd be interested in an off-shoot CBC never miss version.

It would be interesting to take the CBC data, then have folks mid-late summer repeat the no shooting rules, standardize a vitals size, and then extend 10 yards each day and see if there's a correlation between hit rate of CBC at X distance, and the failure rate of the last archer standing challenge.

@CorbLand @robby denning

It would be interesting to take the CBC data, then have folks mid-late summer repeat the no shooting rules, standardize a vitals size, and then extend 10 yards each day and see if there's a correlation between hit rate of CBC at X distance, and the failure rate of the last archer standing challenge.
I like it.

@CorbLand @robby denning

That's not bad.

Add 5 yards everyday until you miss.

I'd just do it as a cold shot, first of the day, doesn't matter how many shots you take the rest of the day. After hitting same distance twice in a row, you get to add 5 yards.

That's my input on it any ways.

@CorbLand @robby denning

I like that idea.

A few ideas…
% hits, avg MER, compound vs trad, broadheads vs field points, mechanicals vs fixed blades, kill zone size
This covered the couple I was thinking about.

If I had more nights left on this contract job, I'd have time to go thru and compile the data, but this is my last night, and I'm fixing roll out. Time to do some fishing.

@CorbLand @robby denning

Last archer standing- that’s got a good sound to it. That would be cool.

I was ill prepared this year. Almost no practice and it showed. That said, it has just reinforced how hard shooting in the wind is and that my primary focus should be on getting close, and once there using my experience to put myself in a position for a shot. Last season 17 yards was my closest stalk on mature deer but it didn't count because once in close there was no shot without blowing him out.

Man, I love archery spot and stalk mule deer hunting. Been at it for awhile, never kill anything, but dang it is an awesome way to spend time.

Decent shot on the last day, but I forgot I could shoot more so will do one more cold shot tomorrow and post here.

20230505_191232.jpg

Screenshot_20230505-203905_Chrome.jpg

Here is the list of those who finished from 2017, the first year. Has anyone else shot all years other than Robby? I think I have but would have to go back and look at each year to be sure.

Back