2024 Spring Bear Thread

deer310sg

Lil-Rokslider
I was really looking forward to spot and stalk bears this spring, but I’ve got a knee that is squashing those plans. So plan B is setting up a bait station this week. Will be good to be out, but was really itching to spend the spring higher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey good luck with bear and most importantly your knee.

Maidenfan539

Lil-Rokslider
Just returned from my first trip chasing spring bears in western Montana. The weather was typical bipolar Montana with sun, rain, snow and wind.

Things really started to green up on day 4.

Several areas I had wanted to get to were snowed in (6200'). So on to plans E, F and G.

Plan F produced a bear for my buddy at 426 yards on the last evening right around 5400'.

Covered a lot of ground both walking and glassing. Saw elk, Moose, mule and whitetail deer and some Big Horns.

Great trip and it is definitely something I see doing in the future.

Attachments

• 20240503_182101.jpg
    20240503_182101.jpg
    463.1 KB · Views: 29

RemcoU

FNG
PXL_20240511_031224589.jpgCaught up with this color phase boar yesterday. Spotted him in a small meadow feeding out in the full afternoon sun.

Took 1.5 hours to approach due to property boundaries and a crappy wind. When i got there he was gone. Waited nearly 2 hours with no sign of him. Took a small walk around but i didn't find any other green areas so I went back for the last hour of light. Spotted him in some bushes feeding his way back into the meadow. Waited 15 minutes for him to clear the bushes for a clean shot. Didn't go more than 10 yards.

The Aurora made for a pretty pack out.
PXL_20240511_062016455.jpg

QuickTrigger7

Lil-Rokslider
View attachment 710503Caught up with this color phase boar yesterday. Spotted him in a small meadow feeding out in the full afternoon sun.

Took 1.5 hours to approach due to property boundaries and a crappy wind. When i got there he was gone. Waited nearly 2 hours with no sign of him. Took a small walk around but i didn't find any other green areas so I went back for the last hour of light. Spotted him in some bushes feeding his way back into the meadow. Waited 15 minutes for him to clear the bushes for a clean shot. Didn't go more than 10 yards.

The Aurora made for a pretty pack out.
View attachment 710504
awesome bear!