2024 Wyoming Draw thread

OXN939

WKR
Hosed on the 2100 dollar special tag, but drew a cow/ calf. Can't complain, but another reminder that point creep is Wyoming is several levels wilder than you think, even if you're willing to take out a loan for your tag hah

6.5x284

WKR
Congrats to those who drew. Really interested in the cut lines this year! I sat out on purpose with 5 for a general west application thinking it may not be enough. I see some got it with 5. I'm excited for the data when it's published!

Jerry P

FNG
Congrats to those who drew. Really interested in the cut lines this year! I sat out on purpose with 5 for a general west application thinking it may not be enough. I see some got it with 5. I'm excited for the data when it's published!
A buddy and I drew a special non resident with 3.5 points.

OP
B
Applicants for the cow calf tag were way up compared to last year, at least in the units I applied to. Guess cow tags aren’t a “secret” anymore. 😕

toddh

FNG
Looks like 5 for regular draw in all three regions. Special helps quiet a bit.

6.5x284

WKR
Region W - Preference - 100% with 5 pts (0% 4 or less)
Region W - Special - 91.56% with 4 pts

Region E - Preference - 100% with 5 pts (0% 4 or less)
Region E - Special - 100% with 3 pts (86.36% less than 3)

Region S - Preference - 92.88% with 5 pts (0% less than 5)
Region S - Special - 100% with 2 pts (55% less than 2)

I feel good going in with 6 next year. I actually thought you'd need 6 in the preference this year and 4 in the special, creep wasn't as bad as I expected!

Last edited:
Does is show what the random odds are for Regular General or Special General? Unless i'm missing something, i may have to bust out my calculator

KHNC

WKR
Got a GEN finally with 5 points. Damn, point creep sucks. Least i didnt go special. Probably last WY tag i draw for next 8-10 years.

Firestone

WKR
Wow, the high tag price for special really didn't buy you a lot in some cases. A lot of the limited entry tags went lower with regular price. And the west general is still only .5% difference.

Braaap

WKR
So if me and my two buddies averaged 4.66 points (two of us had 5 points and one had 4 points), then we could have drawn from this pool that’s less than 5 but more than 4? Am I reading this correctly? Or did we draw random most likely?

Attachments

• IMG_0540.jpeg
    IMG_0540.jpeg
    340.4 KB · Views: 44
So if me and my two buddies averaged 4.66 points (two of us had 5 points and one had 4 points), then we could have drawn from this pool that’s less than 5 but more than 4? Am I reading this correctly? Or did we draw random most likely?
You are reading that correctly, and you could have drawn on points OR in the random. 58% of applicants with >4 points drew the tag with points. Anyone leftover when into the random pool. But you guys got the tag either way, so congrats! Hope you have a good hunt - make some memories and kill some elk!