2024 Wyoming Draw thread

Jethro

WKR
I had 4 PPs. Wild but true story. I was awarded my dream tag in 2019, then my son wrecked his quad the week before the archery opener and I sent my tag back with a request for medical waiver to carry to 2020. I was crushed. I knew deep down I lost all my Elk PPs to stay home and bath a teenage boy. It seems God had bigger plans. It was a shot in the dark, but I was awarded the med waiver request and also able to buy a 2020 PP. Then in 2021 with all 3 of my sons healthy and my brother in tow, back to WY tagging out on speed goats! God is good!
Good deal. Nice bull. Glad to hear your son recovered. Good luck this season.

kparrott

Lil-Rokslider
how many points did it take to draw Special (west) ???

b4392c39c73ef7416aa70011ece72ed3.jpg

100% with 5 points.

5 points was also 100% in the regular.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roger17

Lil-Rokslider
What blows my mind is people applying in the special with enough points to draw in the regular.

They listened to too much internet. Heck, there is even an individual on here who proclaimed every chance they got that WY general would now be an OIL draw due to point creep.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

bdan68

WKR
What blows my mind is people applying in the special with enough points to draw in the regular.

But that's because there's no way to know until after the draw happens how many points it's going to take. Lots of people with points who don't apply every year and nobody knows when a significant number of those people might decide to jump in.

They listened to too much internet. Heck, there is even an individual on here who proclaimed every chance they got that WY general would now be an OIL draw due to point creep.

Point creep isn’t done. If you draw now, how do you expect to catch up to get another general tag? Unless you pull random, it’s hard to say where this will end. A general used to be a 50% draw with no points.

Roger17

Lil-Rokslider
Point creep isn’t done. If you draw now, how do you expect to catch up to get another general tag? Unless you pull random, it’s hard to say where this will end. A general used to be a 50% draw with no points.
No doubt. I started buying points for my son and I when he entered nursing school so I'd have enough to take him on a diy WY elk hunt for graduation.Took 2 then. We'll be buying our 5th point this year. But, without non-resident quota cuts, I don't see WY general becoming an OIL type draw. Reg or special neither one jumped this year as much as so many were proclaiming. Guess we'll see what next year holds when I actually apply. The reality is no one really knows at what rate creep will occur.

wapitibob

WKR

Adapt or get left behind. Focus on nothing but Gen tags, a guy will end up disappointed. No different than a 100-1 Elk license or a 128 Muley license.