20ga Upland Shooter's Which Shells Are You Shooting?

Zappaman

WKR
TSS... I re-load them for turkey for my Browning 2000 full choke. The range is incredible. and you won't find a "pellet" in the bird- it goes through them 100% of the time. Still, I work to get them in close so the head is pure jello after a good call. I ALSO use the same #9 shot for geese and ducks out to 40 or so. Deadly stuff and not so expensive if you load your own.

Last edited:

Dos XX

WKR
Boss #5 Bismuth kill pheasant very dead in my 20 ga.

They are expensive., but you can get them. I bought an A5 16 ga earlier this year, and I got tired of looking for shells all over the place , so I bought some of them. Lethal. So, I bought some for my 20. Hammers them.

I run Briley IM and M on my Beretta 20 ga O/U. I might should try to open them one step, but I am hesitant to mess with it.

Last edited:

h8brick

FNG
Going to be picking up my new 20ga Montefeltro soon off layaway. I've never shot a 20ga consistently so am a bit out of the loop on 20ga ammo.

Which shells do you like using for Pheasants/Grouse? I like Fiocchi High Velocity or Golden Pheasant for my 12ga usually but curious about what people use.
winchester sportings 1300 fps drills there ass phez and quail with a mod choke i shoot a benelli ultra light in a 20 60 days a year bird hunting i know what works i promise rest of that ammo is bs junk

CAH

FNG
Fiocchi golden pheasant 2&3/4 inch 5 shot. I find that 5 shot is ideal between pellet number and knockdown. 4s dont pattern as well and 6s are pretty light for late season feathers