.22 LR sight

Ingo

Lil-Rokslider
What's the best/cheapest sight out there for a .22 Rifle? I only use it to harvest small game and occasional smaller bird.

Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Let me suggest that you DON'T want a centerfire scope for a .22LR UNLESS it has a adjustable-objective lens or a side-focus for parallax.

Most CF scopes are set parallax-free at 100 or 150 yards. I LIKE being able to shoot shotgun primers at 50yds so I like being able focus parralax-free at typical .22LR ranges.

A Weaver RV-9/7 is a sweet rimfire scope but more $$$ than what you mentioned. A Nikon prostaff rimfire scope is just a little more than your stated budget. A Simmons 22 MAG series scope is under budget and I have never had one break but they aren't as nice as the Nikon or Weaver.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

OP
Dunndm

Dunndm

WKR
Let me suggest that you DON'T want a centerfire scope for a .22LR UNLESS it has a adjustable-objective lens or a side-focus for parallax.

Most CF scopes are set parallax-free at 100 or 150 yards. I LIKE being able to shoot shotgun primers at 50yds so I like being able focus parralax-free at typical .22LR ranges.

A Weaver RV-9/7 is a sweet rimfire scope but more $$$ than what you mentioned. A Nikon prostaff rimfire scope is just a little more than your stated budget. A Simmons 22 MAG series scope is under budget and I have never had one break but they aren't as nice as the Nikon or Weaver.

What's the difference between them? I mean I know the difference in bullet, but I didnt know sights made a difference

Ingo

Lil-Rokslider
What's the difference between them? I mean I know the difference in bullet, but I didnt know sights made a difference

Parallax error is when you're viewing the target in a slightly different line of sight than the crosshairs because of the way the lenses in the scope are focused.

A scope with an adjustable-objective lens or a side-focus knob you can focus the scope to be parallax free up to very close yardage.

A fixed objective scope is set parallax-free at a specific yardage that is best suited to the application of the scope.

For a 22 scope you want the ability to focus it parallax free at very close range. A fixed parallax 22 scope is set at 50 yards.

OP
Dunndm

Dunndm

WKR
Parallax error is when you're viewing the target in a slightly different line of sight than the crosshairs because of the way the lenses in the scope are focused.

A scope with an adjustable-objective lens or a side-focus knob you can focus the scope to be parallax free up to very close yardage.

A fixed objective scope is set parallax-free at a specific yardage that is best suited to the application of the scope.

For a 22 scope you want the ability to focus it parallax free at very close range. A fixed parallax 22 scope is set at 50 yards.

Thank you, that's very informative! I really appreciate that

BuckSnort

WKR
Seems like some of these posts got way to over complicated... My first rifle was a ruger 10/22 with a cheap Bushnell 4X scope, killed lots of squirrels with that setup over the years and it's still dead on.. I have had this same rifle for over 30 years and not once have I felt under scoped...

OP
Dunndm

Dunndm

WKR
Seems like some of these posts got way to over complicated... My first rifle was a ruger 10/22 with a cheap Bushnell 4X scope, killed lots of squirrels with that setup over the years and it's still dead on.. I have had this same rifle for over 30 years and not once have I felt under scoped...

I'll be honest that's kinda what I was thinking, I just thought a nicer scope was better glass and could zoom better.. But I'm a very big novice with anything gun