22LR - scope?

khunter1

FNG
I've had a Vortex crossfire II rimfire 2-7 on my .22 for around 6 years now. I've been very happy with it has been beat up a good bit while never losing zero. The only thing I dislike is the eye relief is a little goofy for me at times, or could be a light issue. It seems looking into the tree tops if I'm not lined up perfect its almost a glare or something. Hard to explain. But for the price I like it, Next step up with be a Leupold VX Freedom series with rimfire reticle. The eye relief on the Leupold agrees with my eyes a lot better.

Those are my two "lower" end picks. (still some money but not going to break the bank for the quality you'll have)

ShakeDown

WKR
I put a spare SWFA 3-15 on a new Christiansen Ranger .22LR.

Sweet set up. I thought it would be too much scope but it’s going to be an awesome practice rig. Now I just need to find some consistent .22LR ammo.

4A7BE450-7196-4FF5-B536-5DEA6CEBC95B.jpeg

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I have a Leupold vx1 rimfire on my ruger 77/22, it’s been a great scope for almost 10 years now. I’ve dropped it, banged it getting in and out of boats, bumped it while snow machining and it’s never lost zero.

.577NE

FNG
Lots of big scopes on some of your 22's...

I for one like the new Leupold FX-1 rimfire 4x28 on my CZ 452.

I have a vortex 3-9 on mine. It is plenty of glass for some 50 yard critter assassinations and Some light target work. If you go to a rim fire match you will be out glassed by people shooting 14 or 25x magnification but I am not trying to keep up with that crowd.

chiroz

FNG
Intended purpose, effective range and handiness of the rifle, all play a role in choosing a 22lr optic. My "critter dispatcher" is an old 10/22 with a 1-3x, that is used at 10-35 yards frequently and maybe 100 yards (rarely). It is always ready to use and it tossed in the bed of my mule or ride all day on my tractor so a light, tough, reliable low power scope fits the bill. I have several competition 22's, like my Vudoo with an NF ATACR 7-35 that will never be tossed around or hunted with.

Hawkeyes

FNG
There are several good 22RF worth buying. The Leupolds are hard to beat and are light weight. Freedom EFR 3-9x33 if you want to focus as close as under 10 yards for $325 to $350 when you shop around or the Freedom Rimfire 3-9x40 with moa reticle I paid $199 on sale for mine around 2 years ago and is clear at close 15 to 20 yard distances on low magnification and past 25 yards at 9x. You need to pay more for an Athlon Midas or Ares to even come close to matching these Leupolds' glass.

Some reliable affordable Japanese made alternatives with good glass are the Clearidge scopes and many have 10 yard close focus parallax.

Here is a fantastic Japan made scope with a 10 yard close focus parallax with glass so bright and clear you have to see it to believe it with very reliable tracking. Well worth it's selling price for sure.

If you don't mind Chinese made-

Mueller APV has 10 yard focus decent glass I used to pay $99 for them years ago close in comparison to the older rimfire Nikons keep your receipt in case you need warranty.

Another Chinese made that's pretty decent is the Primary Arms 4-14x44 30mm you find these for under $200 on sale when you price shop. They only have a 3 year warranty though. If you have the patience for 5 to 6 week international shipping wait time and want to save a lot of money then the BSA labeled version that used to sell for $299 from Midway can be purchased from Aliexpress for between roughly $70 to $100 shipped depending on illumination.

The Vector Optics Veyron SFP 3-12x44 30mm with 10 yard side focus for $100 when on sale from places such as DVOR has a 5 year warranty and buy the US Optics TS12x labeled version for 4x the price if you want a lifetime warranty both made in China and are nearly identical twins aside from reticles, turrets and brand label.

If you totally want to cheap out for a pretty decent scope with nice glass and 10 yard side focus with 30mm tube and BDC reticle IMHO is nicer than the Korean Bushnell AR Optics I'd highly recommend the Centerpoint LR312SFT2 3-12x44. Lifetime warranty. Other models of Centerpoint scopes are IMO junk. Just this one is good.

I would offer $60 since this seller last listed them for $75 just last week before relisting them at the higher price. Still worth $85 shipped. Other sellers were selling this same scope for double this price.
I doubt there's any sub $100 or under $200 scope that can even touch this Centerpoint and I have had my fair share of Chinese scopes from many different brands and models and most were junk.

Here's a deal on the Bushnell AR Optics 3-12x44 10 yard side focus one inch tube BDC reticle I would offer $100 which is what I paid for the last one I purchased . Made in Korea but I like the glass and side focus adjustment on the Chinese Centerpoint better.

NB7

WKR
I'll second the Leupold VX Freedom Rimfire 3x9. I put one on a new .17HMR last year. It's consistently sub MOA at 100 yards. I think I got it at the time for about $200-$220, it might have been on sale then. Very pleased with the clarity, and the hash marks in the reticle make it fun with hold-over options for plinking away at longer ranges.

I saw an earlier post on the Athlon Neos. Got one for my kids’ 10/22... kinda garbage. I like the Athlon scopes but they’re just like Bushnell - sell nice stuff and ass wipe scopes under the same banner. I like the Athlon scopes but don’t by their $100 stuff.

Hawkeyes

FNG
If you are a glass snob the lower end Athlons are going to seem junk and you will need to go buy higher more expensuve models than the Argos such as starting with the Ares line and up to get good glass might get by with the cheaper Midas Tac that at least has HD Chinese glass. I do like my Ares BTRs nice Chinese glass better than average built tough but not for $800 and $860 especially after I did side by side comparisons with these 2 scopes that are also made in China just like Athlon but only cost $200. And these $200 scopes are just as clear on high power and even brighter than the Athlon Ares BTRs. Nicer glass than the Virtex Diamondback Tactical Strike Wagle and Viper PST 2 believe ot or not and Athlon Argos is terrible in the glass department compared to these. If you like looking through Leupolds and SWFA and old school Japan made Weaver and Bushnell scopes that won't give you eye fatigue you will probably like these cheapies.

Not shilling just chilling and sharing. Buy them on your own free will or elsewhere and pay 40 to 50% more than from this company who charges a flat rate $16 UPS shipping whether you buy just one or 10 or more items on the order.

To be honest I first tried one out just to put on a cheapie Ruger 10/22 just to keep the cost down and realized how junk or over priced many of my other sub $1000 Chinese made scopes are. I paid $175 for my first 4.5-27x50 then the prices went up by the time I realized I was wanting to replace my Vortex scopes with much better glass. Retails for almost $400. Less than half off at the time about a year ago.

For price references only-

Don't buy them if you don't want to be utterly shocked and firm on totally believing you get what you pay for.

I own high end optics from Kahles, March, Nightforce, Tract, Bushnell, Sightron and others too and the only Athlons I like now are the Ares ETRs and Cronus and won't settle for less.

I'm hesitant in buying middle to low end scopes that are made in China now unless they are exceptionally clear and really cheap after owning way too many of them mostly junk and over priced.

I own high end optics from Kahles, March, Nightforce, Tract, Bushnell, Sightron and others too and the only Athlons I like now are the Ares ETRs and Cronus and won't settle for less.
Post up a pic of your Kahles, March and Nightforce.