260 rem with hammer bullets

OP
Timberghost
Can’t push hammers too fast out of a 260.
I loaded a box of 124s with Superformance. 5 shots inside a 1” square. Never shot anything with that load.
I’ve taken 143 7mm hammer hunters to nearly 3700 fps with no negative results.
As said already with monos you want to drop a weight class minimum and maybe 2 and then push them as fast as possible.
I switched to monos whenever the nosler etip came out because I process my own meat and got tired of the meat loss and nasty mess from any lead core bullet.

Can’t push them to fast or shouldn’t ?
Read one guy was pushing this

e load my son's 260 with 97ah.
Both varget and n540, but eventually went with n540 due to ample supply of it.
With his 22" barrel we are seeing 3425 fps.

So can I call on your expertise.
What calibers and bullet weights?
Can a guy go fast and light and still have the monos do what they are supposed to?
Thanks
For sure, as has been said, light and fast is what monos do best. Hammers are designed to shed their petals, other mainstream monos are designed to keep their petals. Either way, they do their damage on the inside and it's a dead animal.

Can’t push them to fast or shouldn’t ?
Read one guy was pushing this

e load my son's 260 with 97ah.
Both varget and n540, but eventually went with n540 due to ample supply of it.
With his 22" barrel we are seeing 3425 fps.
A 260 can not push a hammer too fast to be an issue.

MThuntr

WKR
The guys over on the hammer forums have started putting together velocity brackets for minimum performance of a few bullets. The 260 and 6.5CM are similar enough that you can make some educated assumptions. You can see that all the bullets shot at 6.5CM velocity hit minimum velocity somewhere around 600 yards. Knowing you can't use the 124 because of twist issues. I'd say the 110 is where I'd go especially if you can push them a little harder than in the attached picture. That will be a good balance between velocity, retained energy, and slightly improved ballistics (though within 600yards it's probably not a huge difference).

I would really like to see someone try to push the 99s really fast but it seems like the ones that have submitted load data aren't pushing them any faster than the 110s.

3A52BE2D-2038-4608-AE90-246FB01A749B.jpeg

OP
Timberghost
I appreciate all the info guys. I was leaning towards the hammers as up here in Alberta I can’t find much of anything for leads.
Lucked out and tracked down some Barnes TTSX, 100 grain.
Going to load N540 and see what happens.