3 person tent recommendations

As the title says, any recommendations on a 3 person tent for Colorado first rifle elk? Not overly worried about weight but light is ok. Thanks!

Ive been happen with my Hilleberg Anjan 3. If you will always be using it with 2 guys and not worried about weight, I would recommend the GT model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

not worried about weight? this is the "lightweight zone!!" are you camping next to road? this will impact your decisions and $$ you may have to spend. REI makes good options if you aren't packing them from car. Big Agnes makes good tents if you do have to pack them a ways. Ozark trail, Coleman, etc make cheap ones ,,, that will last about 1/2 of one hunt if it snows!

How much do you want to spend? do you want to be able to stand up in tent or not a requirement? Is there three people that will be staying in the tent or two + room for gear? Lots of 3P tents out there for different situations at different prices.

I just bought a Big Agnes Blacktail Hotel 3P and will be using this wed/thurs/fri. I'll report back with my review if you want.

OP
M
not worried about weight? this is the "lightweight zone!!" are you camping next to road? this will impact your decisions and $$ you may have to spend. REI makes good options if you aren't packing them from car. Big Agnes makes good tents if you do have to pack them a ways. Ozark trail, Coleman, etc make cheap ones ,,, that will last about 1/2 of one hunt if it snows!

How much do you want to spend? do you want to be able to stand up in tent or not a requirement? Is there three people that will be staying in the tent or two + room for gear? Lots of 3P tents out there for different situations at different prices.

Not camping near the road. Will have at minimum a 2 mile hike in BUT it isn't a bad hike. Budget is under $1000. Lighter is better BUT I will sacrifice weight for better durability in snow. Standing is NOT a requirement but would be a nice luxury to have. Plan is for two of us plus gear in the 3P tent. This will be for a 2 night max camp away from camp.

Decker9

WKR
For two guys, we use the msr hhnx with gear shed. The shed easily fits 2 packs with room to spare, plus have the vestibule on the opposite side. For reference, the gear shed packs very small, around a pound I’d guess.

If a grand is your budget, I'd be looking at a floorless tipi style. My brother and I can fit all our gear and a stove in our BPWD Luna 6. pretty damn light too... Several good brands out there.

Attachments

• bpwd luna 6.JPG
    bpwd luna 6.JPG
    266.9 KB · Views: 18

wildcat33

WKR
The seek redcliff is a nice size for two guys and gear. Add a stove and a liner and you would be living large in a wide range of 1st season conditions.

For a true lightweight 3p tent, I run the copper spur HV3 UL and it is pretty solid. Tight for two dudes though. For sure not two dudes and lots of gear. Pack in vestibule, minimal gear inside.

Big Agnes has a lot of options in a 3 P under a grand. Decide what weight u want to carry and how much u want to pay. Set up under a bit of trees and out of the wind and most tents above $300 or so can handle it. I have 3p Manzanares that was on sale. Copper spur or tiger wall would be better options. MSR hubba hubba was one I was looking at awhile ago in this range. Lots of similarly tents in this range.