300+ inches mule deer?

OP
Schoolhousegrizz
Wow, that's an awesome buck she got, the guides deer isn't too shabby also!
Tell us the story.
So here goes... My wife and I took our pack goats up to the unit in mid August to do some scouting. I saw the buck that I ended up getting and figured I would go after him. My daughter had her first deer tag and I saw several other bucks that I knew she would be happy with. So my daughter had a volleyball tryout the night before the hunt. So we got to the trail head just after midnight and slept in the truck, or at least tried to sleep in the truck 🙂. We got up early, loaded the packgoats and headed in. On the way in we saw a 2 point that she passed on. We set up camp and rested a bit. That evening we saw a really good 3 point, heavy and about 26ish wide. My daughter wanted to shoot him. We worked our way over but it was too dark by the time we got there. The next morning my wife and daughter slept in tired from the day before. I headed out to hunt. About an hour into glassing I spotted 2 bucks sparring. One was a decent 4 point. I waited about 5 minutes for my wife and daughter to show up. I knew they were sound asleep😂. I crawled out of sight, and then took off running to the tent. I woke them up and told them to hurry, I had a 4 point for her to shoot. When we got back they were still there. We were 420 yards out, too far. We snuck in closer to 317. It was so cold that the scope kept frosting over. Eventually she was on the buck and shot. He lunged at the shot. I was telling her to put another shell in, she had buck fever and started looking around for shells on the ground 🤣. He walked off and bedded. He got up moved 10 yards and bedded again. I figured he was hit too far back. After an hour we snuck in. At 80 yards he stood up out of nowhere. She laid on a rock. His vitals were blocked by a tree, so she shot him in the neck and he dropped. That sick feeling of losing a wounded deer turned into pure joy! She was so excited!

I have to head to church now, I will finish the story of my buck later today, thanks everyone!