300 WM Rifle

dzk45

FNG
I am currently torn between two rifles for a new 300 win mag. I am looking at the new Bergara B14 Crest and Fierce Carbon Rogue. The Bergara comes in a 22in barrel while the fierce rogue is 24 in barrel. Any thoughts on these two? I hear a really big split on the fierce rifle but would like to have some others opinions. Much appreciated.

OP
dzk45

dzk45

FNG
Look up my user post history. Both Bergara and Fierce have sold me complete duds and were zero help in remedying the "guaranteed accuracy".

Just go Tikka or build a custom.
Do you have recommendations on sites that can do custom or you recommend complete custom where I Frankenstein it? I am very familiar building custom ARs but a hunting rifle would be new to me.

VA2MT

Lil-Rokslider
I would personally steer clear of both of those. I would look at a Seekins Element or a Sako Carbonlight. Both will shoot well and weigh around 6#. I have a Carbonlight for sale now and the only reason is because I don’t use it and it’s too nice to sit around. As stated above you could build off a tikka action and have a nice gun. The only issue with the Tikka is the magazine limits COAL.

Do you have recommendations on sites that can do custom or you recommend complete custom where I Frankenstein it? I am very familiar building custom ARs but a hunting rifle would be new to me.

I don’t but others here will.

My recommendation is to establish a relationship with a good local gunsmith if possible. They’ll be useful for more than a single build.

OP
dzk45

dzk45

FNG
I don’t but others here will.

My recommendation is to establish a relationship with a good local gunsmith if possible. They’ll be useful for more than a single build.
Thanks for the tip, so many rifles to choose from these days!!!

MAP1

Lil-Rokslider
The Bergara 300 WM won’t be produced until summer at least that’s what they told me. Also look at the Weatherby Mark V Hunter.

OP
dzk45

dzk45

FNG
I will say that my budget for the rifle is 2-2.5k. I have looked at some of the custom rifles from alamo and hill country that have been rec to me but they are just out of my budget.

How set are you on 300WM? Just asking because if I was getting into the magnum game right now I'd look real hard at the new 7PRC.

Less recoil and further effective range than 300WM out of the box. Ammo is a bit tight but it's there if you look...

OP
dzk45

dzk45

FNG
How set are you on 300WM? Just asking because if I was getting into the magnum game right now I'd look real hard at the new 7PRC.

Less recoil and further effective range than 300WM out of the box. Ammo is a bit tight but it's there if you look...
I am pretty set on 300WM since a lot of exotic hunts down here in Texas require a 30 caliber bullet at minimum for most game.

Flyjunky

WKR
I'd also check out the seekins and add the browning into the mix as well. I know 2 people who have the xbolt hc long-range and they both shoot awesome.

grfox92

WKR
Don't buy either of those rifles right now. Just go back and look at the sheer number of my Begara won't shoot threads.

Tikka
Howa 1500
Browning X Bolt Speed

Those three seem to be rifles that never come up as being factory lemons.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

I bought a Christensen Ridgeline FFT bronze last year in a 300 PRC and took it to Texas this past fall hunting. I love it, definitely the favorite production rifle I have owned. Super light weight and deadly accurate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cmatzek

FNG
I am pretty set on 300WM since a lot of exotic hunts down here in Texas require a 30 caliber bullet at minimum for most game.
For some reason Texans always think they need bigger rifles. I knew a guy that swore you needed a 375 H&H for south Texas whitetail.