350 Legend Thoughts?

Thanks, I’ve done a lot hunting in licking country!

Would you characterize the wounds internally like the tmk - devastating but no exit, or underwhelmed with tissue damage also?
Licking Co is a darn good place to spend some time with a gun...

I made it a point to shoulder shoot the does as I was sick and tired of trailing them. My son bang flopped one and mind did the bull dozer for about 10 yards and died...

I was teaching my 11 year old to field dress the deer so I wasn't into it as much as I usually am when gutting. But it was effective.

Licking Co is a darn good place to spend some time with a gun...

I made it a point to shoulder shoot the does as I was sick and tired of trailing them. My son bang flopped one and mind did the bull dozer for about 10 yards and died...

I was teaching my 11 year old to field dress the deer so I wasn't into it as much as I usually am when gutting. But it was effective.
Thanks.

For now I’ll stick with factory Winchester 150 xp. Very devastating.

Too bad Intel had set up shop and buying everything! Such high yield tillable is soon condos…

Sounds like the new 400 Legend is a good compromise. 25% more energy than the 350 Legend yet 20% less recoil than the 450 Bushmaster.

Sounds like the new 400 Legend is a good compromise. 25% more energy than the 350 Legend yet 20% less recoil than the 450 Bushmaster.

Bunch of useless % numbers. Why can't they say how much more recoil it is than a 350 Legend?

Google says:
The 350 Legend recoil averages 8.5 foot-pounds. (for the 150 gr Winchester round)
The average recoil energy for the 30-30 Winchester is 14 ft-lbs.

Google says:
On average, the 450 Bushmaster recoil will measure approximately 24 ft-lbs compared to an average of 20 ft-lbs free recoil for 308. To put this into context, the 450 Bushmaster only has 3 ft-lbs less free recoil than a 2 ¾” 12-gauge shotgun shell firing 1 oz slugs.

So 24# x 80% recoil (80% is 20% less then a whole) = 19.2# recoil.
So 400 Legend is about the same as a 308.

400 Legend has about twice the recoil of the 350 Legend. They can't say that.

Bunch of useless % numbers. Why can't they say how much more recoil it is than a 350 Legend?

Google says:
The 350 Legend recoil averages 8.5 foot-pounds. (for the 150 gr Winchester round)
The average recoil energy for the 30-30 Winchester is 14 ft-lbs.

Google says:
On average, the 450 Bushmaster recoil will measure approximately 24 ft-lbs compared to an average of 20 ft-lbs free recoil for 308. To put this into context, the 450 Bushmaster only has 3 ft-lbs less free recoil than a 2 ¾” 12-gauge shotgun shell firing 1 oz slugs.

So 24# x 80% recoil (80% is 20% less then a whole) = 19.2# recoil.
So 400 Legend is about the same as a 308.

400 Legend has about twice the recoil of the 350 Legend. They can't say that.
Yeah that’s a lot more recoil (comparatively). I was thinking about doing a 400 bolt gun for Maryland but I want to see more reviews of people using it before opting for that over the 350.

I've got about 6 deer with my 350 Legend. I havent had any deer go more that 30 yards. The only deer I shot with the Winchester 150 XP exploded the heart, so it was a pretty amazing blood trail. The other deer have been with handloads with the Hornady 165 FTX at 2300 FPS. All but the last deer was a pass through. The last one was a quartering away shot that entered mid body and went through the far shoulder and was against the hide. I weighed the remaining bullet at 147 grains (89% retention). Shot was about 100 yards and could have possible hit some brush just before the deer.
I would like to try those bear creek 140s, but I'm pretty confident with my current set up.
Do you mind sharing your load data?

Yeah that’s a lot more recoil (comparatively). I was thinking about doing a 400 bolt gun for Maryland but I want to see more reviews of people using it before opting for that over the 350.
Yes - be nice to see some real reviews as opposed to paid advertisements.

Might be some reviews/real opinions form guys using them on midwest forums. This forum is more long range stuff.

Back