$500 off Swaro EL

DavePwns

WKR
I highly doubt the NL is $1000 better than the ELs 😂 this is a fantastic deal. The NLs seem gimmicky to me... Forehead rest, new ergonomics, only 1% better light transmission. Give me a break, an increased field of view is not worth that kind of money.

ozyclint

WKR
I highly doubt the NL is $1000 better than the ELs 😂 this is a fantastic deal. The NLs seem gimmicky to me... Forehead rest, new ergonomics, only 1% better light transmission. Give me a break, an increased field of view is not worth that kind of money.

agreed.
looks like the EL is getting dumbed down too to make the NL look better. nothing like smoke and mirrors marketing.

Trial153

WKR
agreed.
looks like the EL is getting dumbed down too to make the NL look better. nothing like smoke and mirrors marketing.
Post up your review of them, tell us what you thought? Surely you used them if you calming smoke and mirror marketing?

I currently own 2 sets of el swarovision binoculars. 8x32 and 10x42. As I stated in another thread I am more than happy with them and have no plans to upgrade to the newest offering.

I for one am a little disappointed with the current $500 off sale. I think swarovski is devaluing the els due to future declining sales of new els because the market will be flooded with used models guys are dumping to get the newest offering.

At some point swarovski will out price themselves in the hunting community. I'm sure birders are their biggest market and wealthiest customers.

It is a great opportunity for guys to get new els at a good price. For that I am happy. They are phenominal glass for sure. I have always done well with buying and selling swarovski binos. They always held their value and we're in high demand. The value of my swarovski investments have taken a recent hit but the service and quality of there optics I own will serve me well for the rest of my time on earth.

Trial153

WKR
I don't think the hunting market changes at all with this, if can drop 2500 on glass I can drop 3000 on glass. I pretty much think that once you get over 1500 there is limited hunting market as whole anyway. I know guys that pretty much buy every new top end offering from the big three to try out, they keep some they move some, they are willing to pay and this won't be any different.

I do think that Swarovski, Zeiss and Lecia for the most part stand up with the marketing they do in regards claims of the perfomance of their alpha glass. They are pretty freaking transparent for the most part and they aren't typically the arent the ones claiming value above their prices.
If nothing else they all earned enough respect in their offerings over the years that they shouldn't get bashed by people that haven't even used the glass.

I don't think the hunting market changes at all with this, if can drop 2500 on glass I can drop 3000 on glass. I pretty much think that once you get over 1500 there is limited hunting market as whole anyway. I know guys that pretty much buy every new top end offering from the big three to try out, they keep some they move some, they are willing to pay and this won't be any different.

I do think that Swarovski, Zeiss and Lecia for the most part stand up with the marketing they do in regards claims of the perfomance of their alpha glass. They are pretty freaking transparent for the most part and they aren't typically the arent the ones claiming value above their prices.
If nothing else they all earned enough respect in their offerings over the years that they shouldn't get bashed by people that haven't even used the glass.
I agree with this for the most part.

Swarovski has created different price points in their binocular line. The cls being an entry level followed by the slc line. Then the els and now the nl pure. Each model has its features and you definitely pay for what you get here.

A while back swarovski lowered the price on the slc hds. This created a very marketable product based on quality and price. I just do not understand the sudden $500 drop on els. There is room for them in the current lineup and they have been and still are fantastic binoculars.

I purchased my els at good prices and have no desire to sell them any time soon. I feel bad for the guys who recently paid full retail and now see this sale.

ReinsuranceShooter

Lil-Rokslider
Fahs nailed it on the people who just bought in at MSRP.

Also note that MAP was the adjusted number... that hurts folks that had inventory unless Swarovski did something for them. Absent hearing the sellers were made whole in part on existing inventory, in light of low overhead internet venders moving volume at razor thin margins that will jump on MAP, I know I will also be feeling that they also got stiffed.

MattB355

Lil-Rokslider
I think Swarovski is making room for it's new line by first lowering the SLC line and now the EL line. You have to market the price points carefully on these high end optics. There are no cheap Swaros...lol. Starts at ~$1500 for the SLC now $2100ish for the EL's and MSRP of $3000 for the NL's. Figure you can knock off ~10-15% from the NL MSRP if you find the right dealer. Puts each of them $500 apart from each other. I am sure there was marketing research done based on sales volume to arrive at the market pricing. I feel sorry for anyone that pays MSRP for anything. There are deals to be had if you know where to look.

They got rid of the close focusing of the el's with the drop in price going forward, just like they did with the slc. Probably not a big deal to most but something to be aware of. Pick up el's now if you want close focusing before all you can find is the newest model that won't have it.