6.5 PRC dies ?

ndsportsman

Lil-Rokslider
Looking at purchasing dies for my 6.5 PRC, always used RCBS 2 die sets in the past with Great results. Is there anything better for loading for a hunting gun? or just stick with what has worked in the past? Looking for MOA or better if possible. Will be using new Lapua brass.

I’ve used RCBS dies but with my 6.5 PRC I upgraded to the Redding Type S Match die set. Very happy with the results. I really like that die set and will probably stick with it moving forward but have no comparison as that’s the only 6.5 die set I have. Easy load development. Lapua brass as well.

Attachments

• IMG_6340.jpeg
    IMG_6340.jpeg
    308.3 KB · Views: 28
I've been disappointed with the last few sets of Redding dies I have bought. Mainly the quality of the surface finish. Polishing the FL die was a must. I think if you go with what you like you will be fine. I do like having a seating die with a micrometer.

I’ve used RCBS dies but with my 6.5 PRC I upgraded to the Redding Type S Match die set. Very happy with the results. I really like that die set and will probably stick with it moving forward but have no comparison as that’s the only 6.5 die set I have. Easy load development. Lapua brass as well.
Thats a sweet group!

Started with RCBS but had some inconsistencies with the dies, swapped out and have been using the Redding FL/Micro Seat and a 21st Century expander mandrel with excellent results. My RCBS set might have just been a production run with marginal QC, my other die sets from them have been spot on.

I was in your shoes not so long ago, ended up buying a Micron FL bushing die, and a LE Wilson Micrometer seating die for arbor press. I’m using Lapua brass too.

Attachments

• Ballistic-X-Export-2024-03-15 18:35:31.767639.jpg
    Ballistic-X-Export-2024-03-15 18:35:31.767639.jpg
    219.8 KB · Views: 22
I have a extra set brand new of Redding 6.5 PRC dies if you're looking for a set.

Back