6.5 PRC: Fierce Rogue Carbon 20" vs. Seekins Havak Element 21"

FattyBinz

FNG
Torn between these two choices. Going to pair it with a TBAC ultra 7 gen 2 suppressor. Goal is to handload with berger 156gr OELs.

Considerations
- I know it doesn't matter for getting the ultimate job done of taking big game...but damn I love the look of the carbon barrel with a suppressor...and hate how they look with the fluted barrel. I know Fierce's reputation for QC and CS, including the stories in these forums, but I've read enough good things that I'm okay with taking the chance with them.
- Ultimate goal is to get those berger 156s upwards of 2820 fps. I know it is minor but from what I've read, should be pretty easy with the seekins 21" barrel, and a bit harder with the fierce 20".
- I've only shot/hunted with detachable mags and I'd like to keep it that way. Seekins has the mags, the Fierce has the bottom plate.
- Those Berge 156s are probably going to have a long overall length. Will I be able to load longer cartridges with one of these vs the other?

I'd love any advice that would put one of these over the other. Thanks yall

Last edited:

MThuntr

WKR
Not sure if it's still a thing (I've written off keeping tabs on them) but Fierce has had some serious QC issues in the past.

jhm2023

WKR
I used to own an element in 6.5 PRC and it wore an AB Raptor 8 stack. It was a great rifle that shot damn good and was light. My only two complaints are that I didn't love the stock, and you can not ejection port load rounds at all as the bullet will hit the back of the breach face if you don't carefully guide it into the chamber with your fingers. Other than that they're nice and Seekins' customer service is among the best I've ever dealt with.

I've owned 3 Fierce rifles (Canadian made versions) and had zero issues. I don't think I'd spend my money on a Utah made version at all. Their customer service leaves a lot to be desired and don't expect to get ahold of someone, have calls/emails returned and know that you don't matter once they receive your money.

Good read if considering a fierce

Seekins makes arguably the best rifle out of the box amongst the larger factory brands. Very few don’t shot well, and if they don’t, you have the best customer service in the game to make it right.

Fierce can certainly put out a good shooting rifle but their reputation is a bit checkered as others have already pointed out above. I’ve heard better things about Fierce more recently and all stories have two sides, but again, the Seekins would be the safer route.

Last edited:

crich

WKR
Sounds like youve done your research If you've read all the posts on this forum and others.

It's unlikely that someone will post something to sway you one way or the other just pick the rife you like better. Seekins CS is top notch and their rifles are great with less bells and whistles. Fierce has a horrible reputation for CS and their QC is mediocre to poor at times but there are a lot of happy customers as well. They remind me of vortex the way they spend money on advertising. The difference is that vortex honors their warranty and fierce acts like your bothering them every time you call. At least that's been my experience.

Sounds like youve done your research If you've read all the posts on this forum and others.

It's unlikely that someone will post something to sway you one way or the other just pick the rife you like better. Seekins CS is top notch and their rifles are great with less bells and whistles. Fierce has a horrible reputation for CS and their QC is mediocre to poor at times but there are a lot of happy customers as well. They remind me of vortex the way they spend money on advertising. The difference is that vortex honors their warranty and fierce acts like your bothering them every time you call. At least that's been my experience.
Yes, Fierce flat-out stonewalled me when I attempted to get warranty work on their trash Reaper.

I disagree that OP has done their research - Fierce shouldn't even be an option.