6.5prc vs 7saw

Baron85

WKR
Wanting to build a new hunting rifle and down to these 2 options. Will be built on a Kelbly nanook SA. I am wondering if there is that much benefit ballistically to the 6.5prc over the 7saw?

I like the fact that the 7saw uses SRP and h4350, n150 type burn rate powders which I already stock in bulk for other rifles.

Use will be Colorado hunting from antelope to elk. Will be in a Xlr element chassis and run suppressed 100% of the time so looking at 20-22”barrel. I’m very confident shooting to 600 yards on game and regularly compete and practice out past 1k with my 223 and dasher competition rifles so would like to have a solid 600 yard rifle.

I am wondering if there is that much benefit ballistically to the 6.5prc over the 7saw?
For your use case the PRC case gives you more room for powder making it easier to have adequate velocity to be solid at 600 with shorter barrel lengths. As far as being adequate for elk, both are plenty imo. That’s really about all I’d be sussing out, might be worth a call to West Texas Ordinance, they may have some actual numbers for shorter barreled SAW’s.

Thanks for the reply. And they do have data on shorter barrels but from some reading on different forums, the velocities they are getting people say are from being over pressured??

Back