7 PRC Bergara

I haven't handled the 7 prc or shot it. I have handled the crest w/carbon stock and steel barrel in 6.5 and the wilderness carbon barrel in 300. The fit and finish on the crest carbon stock appeared very good. The stock was very rigid and had all the attachment points you could ever want.

The foregrip on the wilderness was a bit flexible under torque, which was me twisting it. not sure if its realistic for the stock to be under those conditions, although an awkward position of bipod could potentially induce it.

Apologies for not having actual data on the 7 prc. im in rokslide pergatory and need 10 posts in 10 days.

Has anyone got hands on a 7 PRC Bergara yet?
I have the B14 Crest in 7 PRC. The factory Hornady ELDX shoots consistently 1/2 MOA. However, the speed is a lethargic 2788fps.

Attachments

• 20231111_161141.jpg
    20231111_161141.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 58
  • 1000008570.jpg
    1000008570.jpg
    518.4 KB · Views: 36
I have the B14 Crest in 7 PRC. The factory Hornady ELDX shoots consistently 1/2 MOA. However, the speed is a lethargic 2788fps.
I don't think your FPS is an issue of the rifle, but more of the ammo. I've got a Browning X-bolt Pro McMillan Long Range SPR (which is a ridiculously long name for a rifle) in 7PRC and out of that 20" barrel I'm getting 2737 from a newer lot of 180eldm, 2823 from the older lot (hornady factory ammo).

I don't think your FPS is an issue of the rifle, but more of the ammo. I've got a Browning X-bolt Pro McMillan Long Range SPR (which is a ridiculously long name for a rifle) in 7PRC and out of that 20" barrel I'm getting 2737 from a newer lot of 180eldm, 2823 from the older lot (hornady factory ammo).
It's definitely the ammo. Hornady embellished their numbers.

I have a 6.5 PRC Browning X-bolt max long range that also has issues with velocity out of Hornady ammo. Only getting 2800 fps.

I really like my Bergara B14 hunter in 300 win mag…shoots great.

Apologies also for no hands on experience. Almost out of Rokslide purgatory, too.

Anyone else seeing these speeds on factory ammo? I’m looking at getting a 7 PRC and I don’t currently reload.

I have a B14 HMR Carbon Wilderness in 7 PRC and while I can't speak to the velocity (don't currently own a chrono and waiting for a garmin to come in stock), I have been very happy with it so far. It's certainly not a light weight rifle, but it's a shooter for sure. Cold bore shots have been right on target and I have been able to hit a roughly moa target at 400 yds easily. I haven't had an opportunity to reach out any farther than that yet. I have only shot factory 180s out of it, but no issues yet. Like I said, don't have a chrono, but using box posted velocity has put me on target with their ballistic calculator. I'm probably not educated enough to say what that means for my actual MV, and maybe it doesn't matter as I haven't really stretched out the distance.

Today, I finished my load development with the Berger 175gr EH for my Bergara B14 Crest. I am getting 2957 FPS out of a suppressed 22" barrel.
ADG Brass
H1000 68.2gr
COL 3.300
Fed GM210M

Attachments

• 2957 FPS - SD 1.jpg
    2957 FPS - SD 1.jpg
    202.9 KB · Views: 24
  • Bergara 7 PRC - Hybrid 46.jpg
    Bergara 7 PRC - Hybrid 46.jpg
    451.4 KB · Views: 25
  • Berger 175 EH - 68.2 H1000.jpg
    Berger 175 EH - 68.2 H1000.jpg
    208.4 KB · Views: 24
Today, I finished my load development with the Berger 175gr EH for my Bergara B14 Crest. I am getting 2957 FPS out of a suppressed 22" barrel.
ADG Brass
H1000 68.2gr
COL 3.300
Fed GM210M
How are you liking that Crest so far? I briefly checked one out and that stock seemed pretty awesome. Haven’t heard much about the rifle as a whole though.

I love it. It feels like a custom rifle without the custom price. The only thing I changed was the factory trigger for a Triggertech Special two-stage. It shoots factory ammo well too, but the velocity was slow. This photo is with the factory 175 ELDX.
7f822bb4afd2167a70ad396d8afafc0b.jpg

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Just hit ‘purchase’ on a Garmin Xero chrono. Will be back to post velocities as soon as it shows up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just hit ‘purchase’ on a Garmin Xero chrono. Will be back to post velocities as soon as it shows up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Too rich for my blood. That is why I don't own a LabRadar. My Magnetospeed V3 gets the job done.

I am on a 22" barrel and getting 2972 on the ELDx and 3080 on the ELDm. Fierce Rogue stock. Seems odd there is that much difference. All my ammon is from the same lot purchased early 2023.

Ok, 24 inch Bergara carbon barrel and also seeing Hornady velocities are overstated by a good bit. I'm getting 2845 and 2820 out of 2 different lots of factory ELDM. And 2838 with the factory ELDX. That surprised me. I expected to see at least 2900 out of that.

Ok, 24 inch Bergara carbon barrel and also seeing Hornady velocities are overstated by a good bit. I'm getting 2845 and 2820 out of 2 different lots of factory ELDM. And 2838 with the factory ELDX. That surprised me. I expected to see at least 2900 out of that.
It's certainly disappointing. I'm hoping Norma comes out with their Bondstrike for the 7 PRC. I have their ammo for my 300 WSM and it shoots very close to the advertised velocity. I'm getting 3018 fps average out of my Winchester XPR.

How are you liking that Crest so far? I briefly checked one out and that stock seemed pretty awesome. Haven’t heard much about the rifle as a whole though.
I'm loving mine. It is light and extremely accurate. Bergara just came out with their new Bergara B14 Crest Carbon which has the carbon fiber barrel. It was announced at Shot Show.

Back